Antivirus ?

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Im a total Noob to my Droid X and this forum ! I was wondering want Antivirus program u guys r using ? Thanx for your time to help out a Noob !

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
None....Waste of battery.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't need one. Like BnB stated its a waste of battery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Thanx guys ! I have only had my Droid for week now and thought I might need a Antivirus app but if u guys say I dont need one then i dont need one ... Thanx !

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
"It is important to remember that even though there are instances of the games repackaged with the Trojan, the original versions available in the official Google Android Market have not been affected," the security firm said.
So, um, yeah... Don't download from non-trusted sources. That's been security rule 1 or 2 since the dawn of time. :)

Thanks for the heads up, brianes99. Notice it doesn't say which versions of the OS are vulnerable.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest lookout app for free virus scan and locate.

Lookout may be nice if you lose your Droid but as an antivirus just like the rest of them it's a resource hog.

dangerous

Reaction score
I removed Lookout and Prey trying to figure out what was killing my Droid battery. so, no AV running anymore. (i do run "wheres my droid" if i need to find it..). oh.. and maybe that is killing my battery..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I removed Lookout and Prey trying to figure out what was killing my Droid battery. so, no AV running anymore. (i do run "wheres my droid" if i need to find it..). oh.. and maybe that is killing my battery..

If you look at battery use I'll almost bet that display is what's killing your battery. Solution? Well, you can turn down the brightness or simply get a back up battery so you don't have to worry about it.

Oops…went off topic. Sorry.