Antivirus free vs paid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what others are using if anything in regards to antivirus for you androids. I've been reading a lot about the different options out there and am looking for the best.

As far as the free version go they all seem to offer the same benefits. (Lookout, AVG)

When it cones to paid Lookout is just ridiculously over priced and you have to pay every year. Where AVG is a pretty good price and a one time payment.

So what is everyone using and what do you think?

Sent from my rooted DX on DroidForums

J

JriderG

I have never used any.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Do not use antivirus. There are no known Android viruses so what are the apps scanning for?

Just be careful of what you install on your phone. Only install apps from trusted sources. Even then, pay close attention to the privileges asked for by the app. Do not install an app if you don't like the privileges it wants.

skennelly

Reaction score
Save your money. Even if you were to get a "virus", a simple factory reset would fix it.

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input, just curious as to what about it. I can see that the virus portion of it is useless. But what about the additional features like remote wipe date if lost, or remote gps locating the phone if lost as well?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Remote wipe and "find my phone" functionality are great if you think you'd need them. I just have a problem with the virus scanning BS. I've heard of Android virus scanners using too many resources, causing slowdowns, causing problems, and even being malware themselves!