1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

anti-glare/matte screen protector?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by turdbogls, Sep 22, 2010.

1. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

so i seriously considering getting one of these simply b/c my finger prints are driving me nuts (yeah i am "that" guy..the one that complains about fingerprints on a touch screen device)

my main concern is the look of the screen afterwards...my buddy has an iPhone 4 and had the anti-glare/matte protector on it and it really killed the sharpness of pictures and the screen on a whole. just wanted to get your thoughts about the Droids screen and these screen protectors. let me know where you got yours, and if it helps cut down on visibility of finger prints.

thanks in advance.
  2. a031363

a031363 New Member

I have tried many different screen protectors over the years and the one I have on my Droid, the Steinheil AF, is the best. It provides a matte surface that does not noticeably reduce clarity, but is truly fingerprint-proof!
  3. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

a) you didn't attach any pics...lol
    b) the main reason for this is to reduce finger prints. but i still disagree the screen is bright enough to overcome reflections. i find it near impossible to read the phone in direct sunlight.
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Rain x your screen.it doesn't prevent gook but it wipes off easily with no residue and makes sliding easier in high humidity

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk
  5. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

Just to give an update, I bought a 5 pack from amazon and put one on today....so far so good. my only complaint is how a white screen looks.other than that I dont really notice a difference in sharpness which is nice, finger prints are non existent, and the screen has a nice smooth feel to it...not sure how the anti-glare part works yet but I will put that to the test tomorrow morning.
  6. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Glare isn't the only reason you have difficulty in sunlight.

Haven't used the Steinheil AF but their Crystal is a very good screen protector. If smudges were a concern I'd seriously consider the Steinheil AF.

A 5 pack of what? Were they Amazon brand (never seen any)?
  7. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

sorry, i actually got them from Ebay. 5 pack of anti-glare protectors from the only guy i could find inside the US (NY i believe) i would link to it but my work blocks ebay.

but they work great, they cut down glare in the direct sunlight, it is slightly easier to see outside now, but not great. like i said, the main reason was to cut back on finger prints/smudges and it does a pretty good job at that.
Search tags for this page
advantage of anti glare screen protector
advantage of matte scratch guard

advantage of matte screen protector

advantages of matte screen protector

anti glare screen benifits
benefits of anti glare screen protector

benefits of matte screen protector

disadvantages of anti glare screen protector

disadvantages of matte screen protector

matte screen protector advantages

matte screen protector advantages and disadvantages