Antenna Booster?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by dantrona, Dec 29, 2009.

1. dantrona

dantrona New Member

I know these have been around for a long time, but this got me interested, $2 and I don't know if it could cause any harm. Any of you know if this is just like in the past or if they somehow made this actually work?

Antenna Booster

I don't see how it could as its not part of the phones circutry.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Send me your $2.....

Junk
  3. dantrona

dantrona New Member

Just asking.
  4. xliderider

xliderider New Member

+1, send me your money if you want to throw it away on a gold colored sticker. ;)
  5. Backnblack

I meant that in a jestful manner....
  6. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

Trust me, they don't do anything. It is supposed to be a passive tuned filter, but you need an inductor and a cap for that. You can't do a 2D inductor. I used to be a repair technician for a cell phone refurb company. We had all the testing equipment and I tested them. No change in signal strength at all. Tested in an RF box with a WavTec machine (simulates cell towers).

I also used to sell them on eBay at $2.99 plus $2 shipping. If you want one, I'll mail it to you for free. I probably have 50 or so left, if I can find them.
  7. cyber3d

cyber3d New Member

This looks interesting for the car
    The Wilson Sleek: An Affordable Cell Phone Signal Booster - PC World

The Wilson Sleek: An Affordable Cell Phone Signal Booster

Ginny Mies, PC World
    Jan 4, 2010 9:01 pm
    [​IMG]No matter what carrier you're on, you've likely encountered a cell phone dead zone. This is especially a burden while on the road if you're lost in a rural area and have no way of calling for directions or accessing your GPS. Luckily, there's a solution: The Wilson Sleek all-in-one cell phone signal booster. This handy gadget resembles a hands-free car cradle, but offers extended calling range and signal strength for your phone.
    Measuring 4-by-2-by-1-inches, the Sleek cradle is the smallest cell phone booster in the company's product line and works with a variety of phone models including hot smartphones like the iPhone 3GS and the Motorola Droid. And while it is designed to work in your vehicle, you can also use it in your home or office with an optional accessory package (price TBA).
    Cell phone signal boosters have traditionally been on the pricy side; Wilson's SignalBoost Mobile Professional Amplifier Kit costs around $200. But according to Wilson, the Sleek is the most inexpensive signal booster the company has ever produced. While the final price hasn't been confirmed, Wilson says that it will cost less than $130--and quality won't be compromised.
    Wilson says that the Sleek's technology is the same as you'd find in the company's largest boosters. It supports CDMA and GSM networks, but won't work with Nextel's iDEN network (Wilson offers Nextel-supported products, however).
    If you're still not sold on the usefulness of cell phone boosters, check out DeadCellZones.com. This consumer-generated site shows a map of indoor and outdoor cellular coverage problem locations across the United States. The one downside to this booster is that you can't take it with you on foot. But you spend a lot of time on the road and frequently travel through dead zones, $130 is a small price to pay for avoiding dropped calls and slow 3G speeds.
    Check out our complete coverage of CES 2010.
  8. Backnblack

I would have to personally try that before I would even think of buying one...
  9. DroidCoug

DroidCoug New Member

$130 is pretty expensive for an antenna booster
  10. cellphone.signalbooster

cellphone.signalbooster New Member

Wilson products are pretty well designed, but a little pricey. I am sure this sleek will be pretty slic and Wilson does not release a not working item and that may justify the cost from their side
  11. Really2020

Really2020 New Member

True

Thats so true... I have a Wilson cell phone signal booster that I purchased for my home. I got it because I tried other cheaper versions of signal boosters that did not have the outcome I wanted or expected. You get what you pay for. I bought it from a wilson dealer www.Unwiredsignal.com and my first option was an antenna connected directly to my cell phone which costs about 54 bucks, but I didn't want that... besides the iPhone doesnt have a usable port, but it may help others whose phones have ports on them.. thats the cheapest alternative.

:icon_ banana:
  12. cellphone.signalbooster

cellphone.signalbooster New Member

Another Alternative signal Booster

Another good option is made by zBoost, that does not require you to plug your phone into any device. You can be having your phone on hand or headset..

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
Search tags for this page

android antenna booster

android booster antenna
android cell phone antenna booster
android phone antenna booster
antena boost for android
antenna booster for android phone
antenna booster for android phones

droid antenna booster

droid cell phone antenna booster