1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Another weird issue with screen....

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by buffalo_nickel, Sep 30, 2010.

1. buffalo_nickel

buffalo_nickel New Member

It seems every day there is a new, weird issue with my droid. Maybe Im just paranoid, but they are things that I dont think should be happening.

I dont know if its coincidence, but I downloaded the strobe light app from the store, used it, and then my brightness was all the way up when I closed it. Now, when I press the lock button then again to unlock, the screen is black for a couple seconds before showing the unlock screen...I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone...same issue.

I cant remember if it has ever done this before or if it was only after the app.
    Is this normal? Is it something I should fix?

I would really appreciate any help to put my mind at ease. thanks!
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

uninstall it. could be (probably is) a poorly written app
  3. buffalo_nickel

I did uninstall it, and rebooted...same problem :/
  4. Karlac

Karlac New Member

When you say rebooted, did you do a battery pull? Try that if the answer is no.

Since updating to Froyo seems my x has been getting more glitches every day. I don't think it is inherently a serious problem, but something that could probably be rectified with a fresh slate as a battery pull solves the problems for a time.

Will probably do a factory reset this weekend when I have more time to deal with reinstalling and setup.

Something to think about ...
  5. buffalo_nickel

thanks, I haven't done a battery pull.
    And ya...lots of weird glitches unfortunately...