another way to uninstall apps?

djh074

Reaction score
so i was just playing with my Droid and i think i found something new. u know if u hold and drag an icon from homescreen to launcher it will discard icon from homescreen, well if u do the same thing but dont let go of icon(dont discard), it will bring up a pop up menu to uninstall that program. i hadnt seen this before so i hope im not double posting. anyway, just another neat little hidden function in the Android OS.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so i was just playing with my Droid and i think i found something new. u know if u hold and drag an icon from homescreen to launcher it will discard icon from homescreen, well if u do the same thing but dont let go of icon(dont discard), it will bring up a pop up menu to uninstall that program. i hadnt seen this before so i hope im not double posting. anyway, just another neat little hidden function in the Android OS.

One of the home launchers I used did this but I don't think all launchers do. Are you using a stock phone and the stock launcher for your desktop?

Quick Uninstall is an app I use, then I've also used the Market to look up apps I have and uninstall them. Finally I know you can go to settings/apps/manage apps and uninstall apps from there. - all non-root methods folks can do with a stock phone. Ok..just tried this with HelixLauncher and if you hold it long enough it also uninstalls it. Thanks for the tip!

OP
djh074

djh074

Reaction score

One of the home launchers I used did this but I don't think all launchers do. Are you using a stock phone and the stock launcher for your desktop?

Quick Uninstall is an app I use, then I've also used the Market to look up apps I have and uninstall them. Finally I know you can go to settings/apps/manage apps and uninstall apps from there. - all non-root methods folks can do with a stock phone. Ok..just tried this with HelixLauncher and if you hold it long enough it also uninstalls it. Thanks for the tip!

Wow. i totally forgot i am using Helix Launcher. this DOES NOT work on stock launcher. sorry guys.