Another VZW employee addicted to her Droid

rubberducky

Reaction score
I work for a VZW premium retailer, and got the Droid a few months ago and am IN LOVE! I have a Storm 2 as well and the Droid just blows it out of the water. If you have any questions about VZW, Droids, or anything really feel free to ask! I can run ESN numbers for people as well to make sure you can activate that shiny new Droid!

Funny story, I had a couple kids come in the store the other day with iPhones and they were trash talking, as usual. So I told the kids to go to mobilespeedtest and run one to see what they were at. The 3GS clocked in at about 645 kb/s and the 3G around 500kb/s... so then I pull it up on my Droid and laugh when I get the result... 1593kb/s. They walked out shortly afterwards!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I work for a VZW premium retailer, and got the Droid a few months ago and am IN LOVE! I have a Storm 2 as well and the Droid just blows it out of the water. If you have any questions about VZW, Droids, or anything really feel free to ask! I can run ESN numbers for people as well to make sure you can activate that shiny new Droid!

Funny story, I had a couple kids come in the store the other day with iPhones and they were trash talking, as usual. So I told the kids to go to mobilespeedtest and run one to see what they were at. The 3GS clocked in at about 645 kb/s and the 3G around 500kb/s... so then I pull it up on my Droid and laugh when I get the result... 1593kb/s. They walked out shortly afterwards!

Welcome to the addiction, rubberducky! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information and you're about to become VERY popular... Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :icon_ banana:

Next time kids come in ask them these things:

-Can your phone run numerous apps at the same time?
-Can you remove your battery?
-Does your phone have a Physical keyboard?
-Does your phone take 5mp pictures?
-Does you phone have flash for the camera?
-Does your phone run Widgets?

I guarantee that will send them running out of the store lol.:icon_ devil:

91jolson

Reaction score
If they were guys you shouldve told them to hand over their man cards. Owning an iPhone as a dude is akin to holding a girls purse while she shops IMO.

Darth Vader has a Droid.

OP
rubberducky

rubberducky

Reaction score

Oh I did! They did the "well... I HAVE 100,000 apps!!!" retort that seems to be ever so popular with the iphone crowd. I sure wish us poor Droid users had 3000 clock apps too :icon_rolleyes:.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh I did! They did the "well... I HAVE 100,000 apps!!!" retort that seems to be ever so popular with the iphone crowd. I sure wish us poor Droid users had 3000 clock apps too :icon_rolleyes:.

Yeah I never understood the we have more apps crap. Great, you have 100,000 apps of which 200 are useful...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
czerdrill;358251]

Yeah I never understood the we have more apps crap. Great, you have 100,000 apps of which 200 are useful...[/QUOTE]

+1 for that! :rofl3:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If they were guys you shouldve told them to hand over their man cards. Owning an iPhone as a dude is akin to holding a girls purse while she shops IMO.
I always chuckle when I read this comment

Good stuff : )

Welcome to the forums rubberducky.

Enjoy the forums and the Droid. It's fantastic.

OP
rubberducky

rubberducky

Reaction score
100,000 apps??? when would they have time to use them all? welcome!

Exactly. If I can find someone who validly uses even a tenth of the apps I'll concede that point, but until then I find it to be a moot point.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Fanboys... lol

The Droid is an AWESOME device, as is the iPhone. The iPhone simply doesn't have a hardware keyboard, and if you're not an Apple junky and don't make use of all their services and applications, you're getting a fraction of it's usefulness in my opinion. Every other characteristic and specification is simply technical details that only us geeks pay attention to. The average consumer wouldn't care that one multitasks and the other doesn't, or whether or not a phone has a dedicated gpu. :)

Maverick0984

Reaction score
[happy Droid user since launch]

I think there is a little misconception here on # of apps.

If the iPhone has 100k apps, and Android has 20k (I think that's what I've seen quoted most recently, the # isn't important), that DOES matter.

Are a lot of the iPhone apps useless? Of course. Are a lot of Android apps useless? Of course.

Having a higher total # of apps will, by definition, give you a higher number of useful apps. It would really boil down to a %. For arguments sake, lets say each would have 10% of their apps, useful to any one individual. That means the iPhone would have 10k at your disposal to Android's 2k. Not even mentioning that Google's lack of regulation on apps probably churns out a higher percentage of crap apps and therefore a lower percentage of useful apps.

It really isn't rocket science. The iPhone having that many apps/games/tools is something I wish existed in Android, and it is well on its way. To dismiss the claim because only X% are useful is lunacy and lacks any sort of logic whatsoever. The same can be said for both markets.

Stick to your other arguments with multitasking, camera, keyboard, etc. There are plenty reasons that a Droid > iPhone, but the iPhone has it soundly beat in the app department, end of discussion.

[/happy Droid user since launch]

Last edited: