Another voicemail ?

Murph

Reaction score
OK, I enter my voice mail then my phone prompts me to enter my password but the screen goes blank immediately grrrrrrrr. Is there some way to keep my phone display up at least long enough to enter my password....?

Reaction score
LOL I have the same problem. By the way does anyone know how to change the notification sound for a new voicemail?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
LOL I have the same problem. By the way does anyone know how to change the notification sound for a new voicemail?

I believe that the notification sound is only set by "default notification sound"

Menu>
Settings>
Sound and Display.

As for the screen going black, you might set your auto-off to something longer if you haven't already. Also, because of the sensor that turns the screen off when the phone is held up to your face, you might try pressing the button to call voicemail, and then enabling speakerphone until you get your password put in.

Or you could edit the "VM number" with so it's followed by a pause and then your password, and the phone will enter it for you, but then anyone can hear your messages. AND I'm not sure if that actually works, just saw someone else suggest it, so I thought I'd pass it on. I'm not having issues with this really...