another strange question

segen77

Reaction score
I'm using handcent for texting and I've noticed that auto correct isn't working. It actually appears that it's not working anywhere on the phone. I've checked handcent settings they they look like they are correct. is there a setting somewhere on the phone that controls auto correct?

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
What ever is default. I dont use swype if thats what you mean

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock keyboard on the S4 doesn't do auto-correct. It'll show a suggestion above the keyboard, but it won't automatically correct what you're typing without tapping that suggestion.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I don't think any of the Android does auto correct as you might be used to on a PC. If you hit the space bar, they will insert the selected predicted word. Or you can touch the desired work and it is inserted.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
My old Bionic had auto correct. Any ideas if there are any additional keyboards I can install that will work? I'm probably the only person out there that actually wants auto correct.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
Found a solution. There's an app called "jelly bean keyboard" now if only there was an app to make my truck read texts. lol

GVLBob

Reaction score
Most people think SwiftKey is one of the best. So "+1" for this keyboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of swiftkey personally. For my uses, Kii keyboard has seemed to fit all my needs; functionality, auto correct, emoji, accuracy, etc...