Another SD card problem!

clueless77

Reaction score
Haha yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. I had forgotten that formatting there is different than just a normal format

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score
I apologize, I told you wrong. Click device management :/

haha it's all good. I did that but now i have another problem....it only gives me the option to format it to exFAT or NTFS

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score
Odd, FAT32 is usually the default. But exFAT is okay. Your device will read it if its fixed.
okay i did it and it took a second. The disk managment thing says it is working fine so im going to plug it in and see if it works.

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score
Fingers crossed :)
Now im back to the beggining...i put it in my phone and it said preparing and then said i can now safely remove it. So i plugged it back into my computer and put some music on the card to see if it would load on my phone and it didnt make a difference. It REALLY sucks that it didnt work but i cant say it enoguh...thank you SOOOOOO much for trying to help me out. The only thin is i dont know if i should just get A 32 GB instead because it might work better or i heard that class 10 cards sometimes have problems so maybe i should just get like a class 4 or something

clueless77

Reaction score
Yeah I'd say a class 4 or 6 and 32gb would be a good size. I think the class 10 just reads too fast. I was checking on something for a nook and you can run it from an SD and the guy even said don't use over class 6. But sorry I wasn't more help. You're welcome though, that's what these forums are for after all :D

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score
Yeah I'd say a class 4 or 6 and 32gb would be a good size. I think the class 10 just reads too fast. I was checking on something for a nook and you can run it from an SD and the guy even said don't use over class 6. But sorry I wasn't more help. You're welcome though, that's what these forums are for after all :D
:biggrin: yup! I read somewhere about someone having the same problem but they downloaded a program that will let you format it to FAT32 because windows no longer lets you do it by default. I dont know if its true but im going to try and find a program like that

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm running windows 7 and mine formats FAT32 by default. But I'm sure there's something out there. You might even be able to partition your SD into two smaller partitions. Well I know you can but not sure if it'll help.

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score
I'm running windows 7 and mine formats FAT32 by default. But I'm sure there's something out there. You might even be able to partition your SD into two smaller partitions. Well I know you can but not sure if it'll help.
I love you for the help! hahaha but ONE last question. Does the size of it matter? because i did want a 64 gb but if i have to go down to 32 i will

clueless77

Reaction score
Well I've read about issues with the S3 not liking the 64gb cards. Although it is supposed to support them, but I think its more of an issue with the class of the card. Its really a judgement call. You could go yo a local electronics store and get a normal 32gb card and try.

OP
S

Screamms

Reaction score

clueless77

Reaction score
I personally have never had an issue with a normal SD I only got the ultra because it was the only 32gb they had. I was in a rush to try an internal external swap, I don't recommend that haha. But just look for a normal SD and it will most likely be cheaper. But again a judgement call.