Another sad day for us X users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpjr

Reaction score
Ok then go ahead and install a MIUI rom. Tell me how it works. How about build a sense rom? No? Can't do it? Why's that? Oh that's right, a locked bootloader. Don't tell me my business again. For a master droid, you don't seem to know too much.

and what more can you do on your DX than you could on your D1? Watch videos on a larger screen? Overclock? I had my D1 overclocked higher than what I do on my X.

I can overclock my DX, how does a locked bootloader affect how much you can over clock it? Serious question, i'm not trying to a smartass.

Not being able to install a custom kernel restricts overclocking capabilities. The D1 could overclock to more than twice its stock clock speed. Try that on your DX. Don't come on a thread I created and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, and that I'm only talking about this because it has been brought up before. That's absurd.

Ok, so now you just pissed because you cant overclock more...seriously? I get 1.45ghz out of my X, and like any more is going to make much of a difference anyways.

OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score
PPS- I have my X overclocked to 1.45ghz, not that it matters, but lets see that out of your D1. I also have a better screen, more RAM, better processor, better camera, HD recording....I could keep going.

The D1 is a great phone, a legend in its own right.....but give credit where credit is due.

When did I ever say the DX is not a great phone. I love my DX. I would have gotten rid of it if I didn't like it. Android is open source and phones like the D1 and N1 are true Android phones. It seems like the only phones that are being semi locked are Motorola and Samsung devices.

cpjr

Reaction score
PPS- I have my X overclocked to 1.45ghz, not that it matters, but lets see that out of your D1. I also have a better screen, more RAM, better processor, better camera, HD recording....I could keep going.

The D1 is a great phone, a legend in its own right.....but give credit where credit is due.

When did I ever say the DX is not a great phone. I love my DX. I would have gotten rid of it if I didn't like it. Android is open source and phones like the D1 and N1 are true Android phones. It seems like the only phones that are being semi locked are Motorola and Samsung devices.

Define true android....you still have to ROOT the D1 and N1, so they are still LOCKED so to speak from the factory. The only difference is the community has hacked/unlocked everything on them.

See, nothing is completely open, ever. Had they known how the D1 was going to be rooted and what was going to be modded on it, I would bet money they would have done something differently to prevent it.

Aram58

Reaction score
You can't do everything on your dx that you could on a d1. The d1 is a phone that will go down as a legend in the dev/mod world. The dx can probably do everything YOU want but YOU aren't everybody.

I personally want the motorola etna more than a college education but I won't get it because I'm sure it will have a locked bootloader. Its that important to ME.

Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.

Reaction score
Not being able to install a custom kernel restricts overclocking capabilities. The D1 could overclock to more than twice its stock clock speed. Try that on your DX. Don't come on a thread I created and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, and that I'm only talking about this because it has been brought up before. That's absurd.

never said you didn't know what you were talking about man.

so if i try to over clock to like 1.45 i get unstable. I figured I just had a DX that wasn't able to go that high.
Your saying that with a cracked bootloader this thing might be able to go above 1.45?

I'm being serious here, not trying to insult anyone. I'm just looking for benefits for an open bootloader that are tangible. I would rather it not be locked down but aside from the fact that it is I have yet to see a down side.

cpjr

Reaction score
You can't do everything on your dx that you could on a d1. The d1 is a phone that will go down as a legend in the dev/mod world. The dx can probably do everything YOU want but YOU aren't everybody.

I personally want the motorola etna more than a college education but I won't get it because I'm sure it will have a locked bootloader. Its that important to ME.

Really? Tell me 1 thing the D1 will "do" that the X wont.

cpjr

Reaction score

so if i try to over clock to like 1.45 i get unstable. I figured I just had a DX that wasn't able to go that high.
Your saying that with a cracked bootloader this thing might be able to go above 1.45?

I'm being serious here, not trying to insult anyone. I'm just looking for benefits for an open bootloader that are tangible. I would rather it not be locked down but aside from the fact that it is I have yet to see a down side.

No, it depends on the processor.

OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score

I wasn't directing the meany words to you digitalslacker. you're fine lol

Aram58

Reaction score
Run custom kernels. That's just the first thing that came to mind.

Reaction score

I wasn't directing the meany words to you digitalslacker. you're fine lol

cool, i like keeping things civil :D

cpjr

Reaction score
Run custom kernels. That's just the first thing that came to mind.

Wow really stretching that one arent we.

PLEASE tell me how that would make my X do something more than it already does.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is going to remain closed. I want to remind everyone that respect is #1 in the Droid Forums. If you can't be respectful to each other then don't post. Infractions will be issued as I review.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys calm down for me here. If anyone needs to remember this is df. Flaming or bashing id not allowed.

Thanks

sent from my Galaxy S Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.