Another rooting question, sorry.

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I just came across this site and was wondering if it is worth the time doing this. It is a program called One Click Root and it takes the hassle out of going through all the rooting steps. Just wondering if someone has tried this or knows someone who did. I want something easy, like this program states, but I also don't want to brick my phone, mess the phone up, do something half way, etc. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Droid X Gets One-Click Rooting

DW0278

Reaction score
I used this method... complete rooting noob here took about 15 minutes. Just make sure you use the one click for 2.2 if that's what you have, that's what took me so long was trying to use the 2.1 version.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I just came across this site and was wondering if it is worth the time doing this. It is a program called One Click Root and it takes the hassle out of going through all the rooting steps. Just wondering if someone has tried this or knows someone who did. I want something easy, like this program states, but I also don't want to brick my phone, mess the phone up, do something half way, etc. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Droid X Gets One-Click Rooting

I think the method listed above only works on 2.1.

This method is supposed to work for the DX, but I have not tried it.

SuperOneClick Should Root Most Devices, No SDK Required? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The method I used is this one, it is not a one-click method, but if you follow the instructions exactly as printed, it should work.

How to: Root DROID X Running Official Android 2.2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Thank you both. I had another question. Is it true that I should root my phone before the 2.3 update? What I heard was that the 2.3 is going to shut down the ability to root because, of course, it's a money issue with Verizon and they want to hold the monopoly on tethering so they don't want people to be able to tether for free.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Thank you both. I had another question. Is it true that I should root my phone before the 2.3 update? What I heard was that the 2.3 is going to shut down the ability to root because, of course, it's a money issue with Verizon and they want to hold the monopoly on tethering so they don't want people to be able to tether for free.

The 2.3 update? I don't think there is a timeline for the next major update for the Droid X (considering how long it took Moto/Verizon to get us Froyo). Are you referring to the rumored update/patch to fix the known issues on 2.2 (like the Droid 2 just received?), if so, I would root now and deal with the update later. The community will have the new update rooted very quickly after they get their hands on it.

Verizon shut down rooting, ha, I would love to see them try to perform such a task. The community would have it rooted the same day they got their hands on it. I highly doubt Verizon will ever be able to stop us from rooting, it's just not how Android works. So in short, root now, update later.

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Ok, thank you, cjriddle. Any good site that is a one click root? I am not much of a steps person and when someone sent me a step by step way to root, with download this, download that, do this, do that, make sure you do it like this perfectly or else, then do this, then uninstall, then dance in place, spin in a circle, point to the donkey, etc. and so on, I was like uhhhhhh what? All I would like is an easy root one-click program. I heard there are some good ones, but I would rather get something from someone on here who has used one and is now rooted.

chefb

Reaction score
Here Here.....I've been barking up that tree for a fort night ! but no responses yet. THIS FORUM is good for more advanced users, who can create folders...download drivers..extract files..and then you have more stuff to do to ready your phone for roms and themes. I seen a easyroot for purchase(video) but no one here ever said they heard or tried it. Holding my breath but still loving my phone. PS there are some supporters in her who hasn't rooted and could care lessdancedroid

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Ok, thank you, cjriddle. Any good site that is a one click root? I am not much of a steps person and when someone sent me a step by step way to root, with download this, download that, do this, do that, make sure you do it like this perfectly or else, then do this, then uninstall, then dance in place, spin in a circle, point to the donkey, etc. and so on, I was like uhhhhhh what? All I would like is an easy root one-click program. I heard there are some good ones, but I would rather get something from someone on here who has used one and is now rooted.

Did you check the first link I posted... People have had success with that method. I'm not sure if it gets any easier than downloading a few prep files, then clicking once to root your phone. It is going to take a little effort on your part.

Let me google that for you

Don't be scared homie. Just root your phone.

chefb

Reaction score
have hope someone great....a visionary, will make a easyroot....on the market. But the purest's in here can't appreciate the download and install method. Have faith in the mean time enjoy the phone as is and before you know it the "root" will find you.:icon_ lala:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Thanks for the sarcasm. Never mind.

It wasn't sarcasm, I have seen you posting on all these threads asking where to find a one-click root. We have posted multiple links to "one-click" methods on threads you started. Then you come back saying that it wasn't easy enough. We are here to help, but you have to be able to help yourself by reading, searching, and knowing what you are doing before trying to root. If you are not comfortable extracting zip files, copying files to specific folders, or navigating through an SD card, what are you trying to gain by rooting?

Are you just looking for free Wireless Tether, or to take screen shots?

Do you plan on installing a new ROM once rooted?

If something did go wrong (very unlikely just by rooting) would you even know how to begin to flash back to the 2.2 SBF or to a backup of your current ROM (creating a backup is top priority after rooting)?

There are plenty of easy ways to root, but after you root, everything is not a one-click action. Are you familar with the apps that require root, ROM manager, Droid X Bootstrap, Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Superuser Permissions? If not, more research should be done.

chefb

Reaction score
Good point.......but modifying is cool and would be fun. like they say don't buy the cow I if you don't plan to drink all that damn milk:whore: