another rooting quesiton

therubberduck45

Reaction score
So this is my first post, I recently swapped from an At&t iphone to a Verizon Droid R2D2. I had my Iphone jailbroken. It was awesome. So i want to get to that point with my Droid. Basically all I want right now, is for my phone to sent out WIFI so i can use my laptop. Can someone please give me some instructables so I can get to that point? As of right now, I know NOTHING about rooting. So help a noob out?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
use this link to learn how to get rooted. If the Z4 works on your phone it will be painless. The Z4 apk is in this link for you to download.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/124643-very-easy-guide-rooting-backup-rom-flashing-d2.html

T
hen go to the app store and get the app Wireless Tether and you are in business. (if it is still available.)

Take note though, Verizon is cracking down on this method of cheating them out of their data $$. If they catch you, you will be charged. So use it sparingly.

OP
T

therubberduck45

Reaction score
So it probably wouldn't be a good idea to use it to update my xbox games haha. So they will charge for the wirless tether thing even though I have unlimited data? If im caught...

stompsfrogs

Reaction score
Consider not ruining it for everyone, dude. If you're gonna tether a lot, pay Verizon their due. If you only need it once in a great while, then it's stupid to pay $15/month every month but if you plan to use it often you should probably just get the plan. My $.02