Another Root trick for Win7

randytho

Reaction score
No you don't

can anyone help i am trying to root the incredible i cant get in adb shell do i have to save anything in my sdcard before i do anything

No you don't and I know it's frustrating. Read back and just make sure you turn off wi-fi, radio and location..anything like that first.
Then follow the steps where you delete the UBSTOR.SYS file in c:/windows/system32/drivers ...don't worry windows will restore it automatically.
Also be sure you have HTC sync installed and try the loop method while clicking OUT your sd card once you get to bootloader and connecting your phone to the computer...then right when you hear the sound that your computer makes once you go to restore and push power button click in the sd card and hope for the best.

Randy T.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
Yeah I know:laugh:
that's kinda mean they cant resell those phones and i believe the reps get dinged actual money on returns like as in more than they get paid on the sales not that they make any money on full retail so its even worse with it being returned. Guess people never think about what it does to anyone except themselves.

What's 'mean' is how I asked Best Buy to price match and they said they couldn't because they knew no one else had them in stock.
That's $599 they charged me vs the $529 that Verizon sells them for.
If they don't want people returning items, maybe they should get rid of their 30 day return policy. That wouldn't be too smart though.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
What it was rented? grin

Randy T.

No I paid full retail for it but I'm waiting for the MotoX.
The Inc is a great phone but I never intended to keep it.
I just wanted something new and shiny to hold me over.

On a side note, finding a used Droid isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

I have two of them. Need to list them on eBay while they are still going for decent money before the Moto X comes out.

Droids or Incredibles?

randytho

Reaction score
I doubt your doing something wrong

i tried it dont work i maybe doing something wrong
I doubt your doing something wrong it is a very "iffy" thing right now...I got rooted once and can't for the life of me get it to do it again. Soon there will be someone that releases a working patch that will make it much easier...we just must be patient. ;)

Randy T.
p.s. also try this...do not plug your phone into a usb hub only directly into the computer itself.

sdorn

Reaction score
No I paid full retail for it but I'm waiting for the MotoX.
The Inc is a great phone but I never intended to keep it.
I just wanted something new and shiny to hold me over.

On a side note, finding a used Droid isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

I have two of them. Need to list them on eBay while they are still going for decent money before the Moto X comes out.

Droids or Incredibles?

I have two Droids. I got one for my wife and one for myself. The wife moved on to a Palm Pre Plus and I just got the Incredible a few days ago off of eBay. I'm not up for an upgrade until next year on any of my 5 lines.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score

Droids or Incredibles?

I have two Droids. I got one for my wife and one for myself. The wife moved on to a Palm Pre Plus and I just got the Incredible a few days ago off of eBay. I'm not up for an upgrade until next year on any of my 5 lines.

Send me an email if you wanna sell one.
shamrich at gmail