another root idiot....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by #1townie, Dec 20, 2010.

1. #1townie

#1townie New Member

yeah thats me. so i dont care about hacking the phone and all that. i just want to be able to use the wireless teathering as i drive a tow truck for a living and have enough wires in the truck as it is. right now i use easy tether and it works great and all that but i cant seem to open gmail. as part of my job i need to be able to send and recieve emails on the fly.

so i have given it a shot at just about every root step by step i have read and with no luck.

with this one
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

i cant get the motorola drives to load. my pop up blocker stops them from loading and when i click on download all it does is open another window of the same page. so i cant make it any further with that one so next i tryd

z4root 1.3.0

i have tryd to load it from my laptop to the phone and used app installer to load it. it loads and all that good stuff. i do have debugging on. it will get to the load shell part and then close. i used another app to unload all apps from sd card as i read that i needed to do that. also i reboot after load z4root. and still no luck. i find in searching that this does and doesnt work for the new 2.2.1. i know i cant be this retarded but none the less im still not figureing anything out. im really hating my life at this point.

i tryd another one click both the old and "beta version" but now i cant find the link to it. i got everything to load but the phone didnt do anything when i clicked on it. it just kind of stared back at me. then i yelled at it. then it stared at me. then i quit.

i have realy tryd hard to search as much as i could before i posted this so im sorry that im taking up time for all of gangster droid users but im at a point either im going to get this to work or im going to kill some one. lol.

i have the motorola droid
    build
    frg83d

my laptop is a simple acer with windows xp and right now im on my work pc which is dell also with windows xp.

please try not to make fun of me as i have already called myself every name i could think of.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. mtnbkrbob

mtnbkrbob New Member

ok im no expert but i do believe z4root does not work with frg83d since thats the latest. so you will have to use the root droid1 any os way.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

" my pop up blocker stops them from loading " turn off the pop up blocker.
    in the right top corner of your browser page on your laptop click on tools then put curser over pop up the click " turn off pop up ".
    then redownload the drivers and install them as the directions say in the post above. the most important thing that has to be done is when your getting ready to do step 4 in the brief procedures.

" 4. Flash MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf onto your phone. Watch for "rebooting your phone" and do dpad up before the phone boots to "catch the boot" and come right back into the bootloader. "
    if you dont catch the boot it will put the phone into a boot loop dont freak out just do a battery pull and try it again. it took me the second time until i got the boot. and im also using xp on my laptop. just read the instruction over and over then try it again. trust me when i did my droid1 i was a wreck but i read all i could then tried ot and besides the boot loop it was simple. and since ive rooted several droid x's and a couple evo's and one droid2 so you just need to take your time understand what your doing. it actualy takes more time setting everything up than it does to actualy root the phone.

good luck

bob
  3. #1townie

#1townie New Member

Thank u. Trying again.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    superoneclick works to give simple root access.
  5. #1townie

#1townie New Member

I tryd that and it didn't seem to do anything. I don't know. I'm trying to read this guid to make windows not hide files. Lol this is kind of like reading french. I have a WHOLE new found RESPECT for you computer guys. Tons of info in this forum I just need to learn. Fast.
  6. furbearingmammal

Did you run superoneclick with USB Debugging turned on? I see you tried that with z4, but if you didn't have it on with superoneclick...

There's another one that I hesitate to suggest -- and there's always downgrading to use z4root but that forces you to ignore the nag screen or do some flashing like you don't want to. It may be the only choice, however, if all else fails. I can talk you through it if we have to go there. :)
  7. #1townie

#1townie New Member

Yeah I have the debuging on. That is one of the things a read A LOT. Ok I loaded soup or root. When I do this should I save or just run? This atempt the command window opend it put a few in and stopped for a minute or so. Then a few more commands and it closed. Next thing I know the window in the browser scrolled down on its own.(laptop) and then nothing.
  8. furbearingmammal

Yeah soup or root was going to be my last suggestion. I don't like that program at all.

To check for root go to your app drawer and look for a droid-and-crossbones icon labeled superuser permissions. If you don't have that you don't have root yet. If you do, download a terminal emulator and open it, type SU, hit enter, and see what happens.
  9. #1townie

#1townie New Member

Nope no skull. I tryd saving it to the computer and then clicking on the file. It did a little more but now the command is still open. It has stopped at adb connection will be reset. Restart adb server on desktop and re login.

C:\support\android-sdk-windows\tools>
  10. furbearingmammal

That's just messed up. What did the instructions for SOR say to do at this point?
  11. #1townie

#1townie New Member

Nothing the only thing that opend was the command window. I reset the phone and the laptop and now I have some kaspersky security icon on my laptop. I didn't dl this. Ever.
  12. furbearingmammal

Okay, I can help you with the laptop as well, but right this second let's worry about the phone.

No root and none of the rooting methods are working. Next step is the downgrade and z4root followed by SPRecovery and an update.zip flash so you can put whatever ROM you want on your phone. We'll get to that when you're ready.

Your laptop may be alright, it might ahve a problem. Go here, download the program, attempt to install and run it. If you can, update it and run a scan.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

This is an awesome program and it's free provided you click the right things. You can donate later if you wish. :)

Let me know if there's a problem with the program and when you're ready to proceed on the rooting.
  13. #1townie

#1townie New Member

I have that malwarebytes but I just started full scan.
  14. furbearingmammal

Okay. That will take some time, but as long as it's updated and running it'll tell you if everything on the laptop is Kosher. :)
  15. #1townie

#1townie New Member

Yeah I'm going to jam back to my shop and jump on the pc. It will be quicker.
  16. furbearingmammal

Okay. Hopefully we'll get you up and running before I give in to the sandman. :)
  17. #1townie

#1townie New Member

okay ready when you are.
  18. furbearingmammal

Alright. Reboot your phone into recovery and tell me if you get the triangle and ! or if you boot right into a functional recovery menu.
  19. #1townie

#1townie New Member

ok is that the one i have to hold x and the power or up on the d pad and power?
  20. #1townie

#1townie New Member

ok got the triangle
Search tags for this page

z4 mod not stops working on my phone

z4 root stops at acquiring root shell
z4 root stops at aqurining root shell

z4mod acquiring root shell

z4root 1.3.0 acquiring root shell then stop

z4root aquiring root shell

z4root stops when acquiring root shell