Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ugh...

First, shutup about Now On Tap people. We get it. It's a brand new feature. It's not always helpful. Thanks for the caveat that it will get better in time, but come on. I'm so sick of reviewers making a point of mentioning how it's great when it works but it doesn't work a lot of the time. IT'S NEW! Like every new iphone feature works perfectly out of the box? No.

The apps aren't as good as iphone on android? Idk. There's nothing I feel like I want or need an app to do that doesn't exist and what gaming I do on android, I enjoy just fine.

I can see how the fingerprint reader may take some time getting used to, but I hate his comment that you'll spend a lot of time pushing on the speaker thinking it's a button. That's really only going to be an issue if you're an iPhone or Samsung user, IMO. I've actually been working to retrain my brain to use the power button on my Note 4 instead of the home button so often, but once I get that fingerprint reader and with ambient display, I doubt I'll use the power button on my 6P for anything other than turning the screen off.

Good luck finding a replacement for the Type-C charger!? Oneplus has a decent deal on them and amazon is already crawling with options. Not gonna be that hard.

"The 6P might be the best PHONE out there, if not for the app problem?"

It's so painfully obvious when these reviewers are iPhone users. Almost to the point of making me mad. If you don't know anything about our ecosystem, you have no business reviewing our phones. Sure, android sites are going to be a bit biased towards android, but I haven't seen one from an android site yet that didn't point out some things that could be better.

I'm not even sure I want to read the review now. That video was enough.

That's just me though. I'm an android user and fan. I won't deny that I'm biased towards android. It's what I know and love. But, as such, I don't need to know how this compares to your iPhone of choice. I'm not interested in the iPhone and never will be. And the fact that he claims we have an app problem more than once..."Google did their best. Now, it's up to the developers." WTF!? Are we back in 2010 again?

Bah-Humbug.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You can tell they are iphone sheep. This is the 3rd video I've seen where people are going to "press on the speaker". No I'm not. The reader is in the back. They also say how the 6S has a better camera because of OIS. Great, it has OIS. These phones do not. Quit comparing cameras that aren't the same. If I want a device with it, I'll buy it.

REVIEW THE PHONE, HARDWARE, ETC Quit comparing it to other devices.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Even as a Samsung user that uses the home button quite a bit to turn the screen on, I don't think I'm going to have an issue. Maybe I'll eat my words in the first week of having the 6P, but I'm so ready to have that scanner instead of having to swipe on my home button. I know I'll play with it a bunch right away and I'm pretty sure that'll translate to me reaching for the scanner instead of the speaker.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I hate to admit I didn't watch the video, just read the first page or so .... The part I read was pretty complimentary. All the rest is just what you would expect from Wired. It's OK. Though instead of calling them "Sheep" I prefer to think of them a "Lemmings"

And the things they complain about excite me. I read somewhere else that the Google voice commands work way better than Apple's so we'll just have to see.

We're getting closer, then we get to write our own reviews!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, preference shouldn't be in a review. I don't care how you prefer things, does the device work, and work well the way it was designed. It's not an iOS device, so stop picking at things that make it not so.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Moulton

Reaction score
I can't figure out the "app problem" he continued to reference since he gave zero examples. Useless review.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I can't figure out the "app problem" he continued to reference since he gave zero examples. Useless review.
Now on tap. But its technically beta so him complaining is dumb.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No, he claims that Android has an app problem. That Google and Huawei have done the best they could, but now it's up to developers to deliver quality apps, or it'll never compete with ios. I'm paraphrasing, of course.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I must not have listened very well.