Another reason to NOT buy from GAMELOFT

solar

Reaction score
Got a new phone? Here is what GAMELOFT has to say about any games you purchased on your old phone. No wonder they sell the majority of their games on the Android Market. they wouldn't be able to pull this crap.

---------------------------------------------------
Hello!

Unfortunately, you can not get the games back on your new phone. According to Gameloft policy if you buy a game, you can re-download it to the same phone with the same phone number within 3 years of your purchase. If the phone model or number was changed by the customer's own initiative, Gameloft has the right to refuse re-sending the game.

You can not re-download or transfer games which you bought on your old phone (model 1) to the new phone (model 2), because we produce each game-build for one particular phone to ensure the best quality and to prevent piracy. If you want to have games on your new phone, I'm afraid you will have to buy them again.

Sorry for the inconveniences. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
-------------------------------
Deepesh Mohan
Customer Care Agent
http://www.gameloft.com/
------------------------------------------------------------

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm that sucks. Not sure if I have any gameloft games on my phone, but that is indeed quite a bs policy.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Apparently their piracy prevention works perfectly cause you can get all their full games from warez sites just like for any other developer . This is just some made up BS to make sheeps pay for the same game twice or 3 times

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Apparently their piracy prevention works perfectly cause you can get all their full games from warez sites just like for any other developer . This is just some made up BS to make sheeps pay for the same game twice or 3 times

Yeah. Unfortunatly this is exactly what it will make people resort to. I always buy my games, but I won't be paying for the same game on the same device more then once.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You people DO realize that software licenses that are non-transferrable are not all that uncommon, right?

Heck, in the world of high-end PC software; some licenses are so specific that they are bound to a particular PC by network card MAC address.

And these programs cost a hell of alot more than a $5 game.

jayman350

Reaction score
at least they are still available on the market, unlike what EA pulled a little while ago :icon_evil:

in case you didn't know, EA signed an exclusive deal w/ T-mobile and pulled all of their apps from the market. I bought just about every game they made during their $0.99 sale, then a short while later *boom* gone, wasted money and no way to get it back

the response from EA is pretty much "yeah sorry, nothing we can or will do about it"

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You people DO realize that software licenses that are non-transferrable are not all that uncommon, right?

Heck, in the world of high-end PC software; some licenses are so specific that they are bound to a particular PC by network card MAC address.

Dude get real. These are cell phone games not high end software.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score

Software like that is very uncommon in general use these days. It's almost unheard of for what we are talking about here, which is games.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
at least they are still available on the market, unlike what EA pulled a little while ago :icon_evil:

in case you didn't know, EA signed an exclusive deal w/ T-mobile and pulled all of their apps from the market. I bought just about every game they made during their $0.99 sale, then a short while later *boom* gone, wasted money and no way to get it back

the response from EA is pretty much "yeah sorry, nothing we can or will do about it"

Most of their games aren't available on the market though, which is part of the problem. EA doesn't get a pass for their policies, but the tend to make less compelling mobile title imo.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
I heard titanium backup is pretty good.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
What does this have to do with games?
He's saying that using Titanium to backup the APK and reinstall on a new rooted phone is the way to go, with out stepping into the danger zone of "pirate" talk. :wink: