Another reason to hate Apple.....

Batfan.com

Reaction score
As I stated before, since there is no police report, there is no proof that the phone has been stolen. Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

That may be, however it is ridiculously simple to track the original owner of the phone. Clearly a number was assigned to it by AT&T, this should be directly linked to her name and ID in their records. For Apple to not even attempt to verify the phone's owner is just wrong.

nitsuj

Reaction score
If you look hard enough, you can find an instance like this to "hate" just about anything. Apple, Sony, MS, Chevy, Toshiba, IBM, etc, etc, etc. Verizon isn't known for it's warm and fuzzy customer service, btw.

NVash

Reaction score
Ive found the best Customer Service to be T-Mobile, but no one asked. Verizon has tweaked my nerves on a few occasions but that was just them not really wanting to do any work. Guess thats the same problem here with Apple, theyd rather not do the work so keep falling back on the police report as an excuse.

RolandOG

Reaction score
Apple, or more to the point the Apple people involved in this situation, may be wrong but that's no reason to hate Apple the company. Blanket statements are rarely fair, or true.

styx

Reaction score
[LEFT said:
nitsuj[/LEFT];111472]If you look hard enough, you can find an instance like this to "hate" just about anything. Apple, Sony, MS, Chevy, Toshiba, IBM, etc, etc, etc. Verizon isn't known for it's warm and fuzzy customer service, btw.
Actually Verizon is ranked number one in customer satisfaction.
Just
sayin

ldimick

Reaction score
Since they have her listed as the owner she should get the tracking number when it is shipped. She should be able to convince FedEx to ship it to her new address. ;-) If the thief complains tell him to report it to the cops.

ldimick

Reaction score
I would think that she might even have a case to avoid the ETF. I can't imagine any judge in a small claims court letting Apple get away with this.

It would also be a great chance for Verizon to come swooping in the save the day, pay her ETF, etc. Then use it in a commercial.