Another reason to hate Apple.....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by daddyd302, Dec 31, 2009.

1. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Why hate apple? I own a mac and a Droid. That's an unfortunate incident if it's true but no reason to "hate" Apple.

3. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why? Are you serious?

4. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MS helped the kid that lost his XBOX, I don't see why Apple wouldn't help a lady that lost her phone.... well they suck, I guess that is a reason.

5. atlwxman

atlwxman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since there is no police report, there is no proof that the phone is stolen.

What if you sold your iphone, then called Apple and told them that the phone was stolen, and Apple sent the phone back to you (the seller)? That would be a heckuva scam.

6. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That definitely would be. However, if the police call you, that's a whole 'nother issue.

7. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why you don't buy a iphone without the receipt or the extended warranty slip. If you're dumb enough to buy one without those two you deserve to be ripped off. You must transfer the warranty over to the new owner or no warranty. That is unless I misread something or Apple will repair anything as long as it's under warranty, stolen or not.

The lady has the receipt, called AT&T, Apple, and the cops. The only thing she didn't do was file a report, which don't mean jack since some cops don't bother to turn it in. Since it's a phone and odds are good it's gone forever, I get the feeling what's the point of filing a report? What happens if that report was never turned in or gotten lost or never started? What then?

It really should come down to who can prove they bought the iphone......

8. atlwxman

atlwxman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As I stated before, since there is no police report, there is no proof that the phone has been stolen. Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

9. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    This is 100% true. There are sometimes that cops will not turn them in because it's just more paperwork for them. It even states in the article that the cops have tried to contact apple on the subject also and they still won't give it back. Which means that the lady most likely can prove that she owns it, and her email account is still linked to it. So if she went through ALL of that just to get her back iphone, that's just crazy. I know many of ways of getting money through loopholes that have payouts WAY beyond that of an iphone, and are about 100 times easier. An iphone 3gs 16GB brings in what 600-700, just seems stupid.

10. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the lady couldn't prove she owned the phone, which apparently she couldn't then I don't see what the problem is

11. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Both AT&T and Apple confirm her to be the owner. For whatever dumb legal reason, Apple refuses to return what's rightfully hers. I'm just curious as to why Apple even bother to try to repair the phone since it was jailbroken, and we all know if it's JB, the warranty is void. We all know in the U.S, only AT&T gets to carry the iphone.

12. CorvetteAustin24

Ratings:
    +0
    At this point I'm sure Apple doesn't appreciate the bad PR, so what they should do is send her a new phone, and put a hold on the one being serviced. If the guy really wants the phone, he can claim it, and then his name will be known to the police who will do an investigation. The guy would have to be mildly retarded if he stole it and attempted to pick it up, but if he bought it, he should have proof, such as a bill of sale.