Another OTA update coming?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is gonna be a part 2 of the Dec. 11 update?

Just for clarification it really isn't another part of the December update, it will be another update with a completely different OS as suggested above. It looks like it will be 2.10. I think I read should be available OTA around 1/22 or if you can't wait you can root your droid and obtain it now.

In this instance I'm waiting.

JayMonster

Reaction score
There is a lot of assumptions on this (and good, logical ones admittedly), but we still do not actually know what (or when) we will receive an update. Based on that leaked "fix" page, there is one in January... but that was generated back at the beginning of October, so we really don' know if the next fix will be 2.1 or 2.02... I hope everybody is right about it being 2.1... but I guess only time will tell for sure.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd assume we'll be seeing 2.1... with the Nexus running 2.1 already... and on it's way to release, and the HTC Incredible, on it's way as well, that'll be running 2.1
Seems logical that the Droid too would receive 2.1, especially being a flagship device.
But it's all speculation... so who knows! :) Either way we're due for a second x-mas in Jan!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really hope we're getting the 2.1 update, if not no worries I'll just root the darn thing and update myself! Lol glad we have options available now!

Droidette

Reaction score
I sure hope there's a Jan. update, my Droid worked better before the last one....maybe that update gets into conflicts with all the constant app updates - hopefully they'll all settle down soon. I love my Droid!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hope it is 2.1. I would think Google would want to keep Droid up to date with the newest OS since it does have the power to.

Google might have also saw some videos with 2.1 on the Droid. The Droid does seem to run better on 2.1 and it looked pretty darn smooth to me and what everyone who is showing off the OS is saying. If Google doesn't release 2.1 as the next update i'll be kind of disappointed, but i know for a fact that the next update makes the phone better.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Unless Google wants to completely ignore the complaints from developers you can bet that the Droid will be getting 2.1 [Which of course it is] . The core of all flagship Android phones on each carrier must be kept up to date so the marketplace can flourish and not be fragmented and ultimately lay slain.

arm33n

Reaction score
Our phone was recently released, how would it be fair to not have 2.1 running for us? Why should we root our droids for 2.1 when they can let us run it as well