Another OCing post

a86me

Reaction score
Ok so new to overclocking, using droid overclock 2.3.0 on a d2 running liberty. here is where I am at. Any voltage setting I can go up to 1.3ghz anything over that and I start turtling. I have tried both lv and ulv at 1.3 and at 1.2, both run the phone during normal phone procedures fine. However, I have been playing dungeon defenders and while the oc obliterates all lag in the game at about 45 minutes phone locks up and auto reboots. What does this mean exactly? To hot, no ram, or tough stuff stop trying to play a game on a phone that barely meets minimum system reqs? Any help is appreciated, and also I haven't messed around wiith stagefright settings, would that make a difference as I thought I read somewhere that liberty turns it all off

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Some phones run into stability problems ocd while running CPU intensive programs for long periods of time. No 2 phones are alike even if they are both for example Droid 2s so while someone else may be able to run at 1.2ghz on a d2 playing dung defenders yours may not be able to. It sucks but that's the way it is unfortunately. Your only option is to probably just deal with the lag at a lower clock speed.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, have you tried Droid Overclock from Jrummy? It's easy to use and you get the correct kernel for what you are overclocking too.

One other thing: This is a family forum, watch the language. I've edited to post to make it acceptable but I do want to let you know you can get an infraction for that.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would try quickclock advanced from the market. It has the ability to overclock your phone according to what settings run best on YOUR phone.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
OP, have you tried Droid Overclock from Jrummy? It's easy to use and you get the correct kernel for what you are overclocking too.

One other thing: This is a family forum, watch the language. I've edited to post to make it acceptable but I do want to let you know you can get an infraction for that.

He's using jrummys Droid overclock.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

OP
A

a86me

Reaction score
Sorry for the language totally unintentional. I know that each phones cpu and mobo will handle differently, what I am trying to figure out is what does this reboot mean so I can adjust accordingly? Is there a system monitoring app I can run that will tell me what was going on at the time of freeze? And also is there a thread somewhere about completely streamlining ur phone (what apps are non essential for day to day use, how to stop everything from auto loading, or maybe a performance app that shuts everything down and keeps it off while active)? Also do I need superuser, bootstrap, droid overclock to be running at all times for my root, rom, and oc to stay in effect (haven't set oc to start at boot as I haven't found my perfect speed yet.)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It means your oc'ed too high.... mine does that at above 1.35ghz but runs fine below.

As for what things are safe to stop, all of the bloatware. There's a script that someone wrote to rename all of it so it doesn't load. Also yes, you need all that to run (SU should only be running when your using something that requires SU).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
A

a86me

Reaction score
well if bootstrap and what not are all running they need SU right? Any idea about that script? my google is getting tired

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well if bootstrap and what not are all running they need SU right? Any idea about that script? my google is getting tired

Bootstrap only runs at start up and if you manually go into it. OC only uses root to start then stays. The script is on here. Find a post by buryboi (anything in the d2g Get r done subforum will work) and it has a link to it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G