Another noob

Broccoli

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Zach. I'm not new to Android at all, but recently started to get into the more "technical" side of things with it and decided that I really wanted to see what this thing could do. So, I'm gonna start right off with a problem that I have that I cannot seem to resolve at all.

Okay, so I've been using android phones since they hit the market, starting with the G1. I just recently got in to the rooting side of things, and now my Bionic is unusable. I rooted it a couple weeks ago, but did not change the ROM. I loved it, but like anyone else, I wanted more. So I found a custom ROM file, on here actually, that I liked the look of, and tried to install it. I rebooted into recovery, wiped it, tried to load the new ROM from the SD card. I thought everything went well, until it would not completely boot up. It stayed on the first screen with the Motorola dual core logo for quite some time and would not go any further. I ended up removing the battery and trying to get it to boot up again, but to no avail. I have since tried to use several different methods to unroot the device and restore to factory software and settings, but nothing has worked. I've tried Pete's Motorola Root tools, R3l3AS3DRoot, and RSDLite, and haven't gotten anything but failed attempts and error messages. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do to get this thing back? Or should I just consider it a lost cause. HELP PLEASE!?!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome Zach!

Did you happen to do a nandroid prior to flashing the ROM and did you try flashing that if you did?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome Zach!! Don't know anything about the Bionic but I hope you can get everything figured out quick :biggrin:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know ypu tried but re download the .902 sbf file and try again. Make sure u have latest moto drivers installed. Welcome to forums

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

Broccoli

Reaction score
I know ypu tried but re download the .902 sbf file and try again. Make sure u have latest moto drivers installed. Welcome to forums

Where can I find that file? I don't believe that is the file that I tried to use. I do have the latest version of the moto drivers installed, I guess I just need help finding that file now...

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you got this resolved. DancingNexus