Another newbie looking for advice for rooting

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Gonna give it a go today. Have stuff I gotta do first. Keep the tips coming though, I truly appreciate anything. Will have lots more ?'s after I am rooted I am sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Gonna give it a go today. Have stuff I gotta do first. Keep the tips coming though, I truly appreciate anything. Will have lots more ?'s after I am rooted I am sure.

Well, you have the right place and some great helpers..I have to get to work...awe..(sad face) but off at ten..pm...I have the info and precautions you will need...Also if I can be found and am busy, check for ldopa on the cm7 prime time thread...we are extremely knowledgeable...and remember, precautionary measures are important, as far as knowing what sbf is and how to use it....Just in case the rare but happens on occasion bootloop..lol Always make a backup, and you'll also love Cm7 its what many ROMs are built off of now aka 2nd Inits...peace! Pm me if you get no help or need some iffy help..lol

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
Well I finally rooted my phone. Used the Psouza One-Click method, something like that. Super easy. Was very nervous to screw up my phone. It worked great though. Next I am gonna try to figure out how to remove those pre-installed apps, and see where I go from there.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go with titanium Backup! Its awesome and full of features including of course backups of system and user apps as well as freezing bloat...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go with titanium Backup! Its awesome and full of features including of course backups of system and user apps as well as freezing bloat...

Also glad you went with D3 oneclick!! Always awesome!! And works without issue....unlike Gingerbreak...but gingerbreak was ok for a while when that was all there was, if it didn't hang up on you..lol

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
Yeah I was so stoked when it rooted without issue. Was afraid my phone was gonna melt or something. :) Was super easy though. Would recommend that route definately. Already have Titanium though. Thanks to ldopa. Super generous. Have not poked around much with it yet though. Can freeze bloat with it? Is there no way to uninstall them completely?

Reaction score
Yup. With titanium backup pro or similar app it will let you freeze/defrost, or uninstall any app

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was so stoked when it rooted without issue. Was afraid my phone was gonna melt or something. :) Was super easy though. Would recommend that route definately. Already have Titanium though. Thanks to ldopa. Super generous. Have not poked around much with it yet though. Can freeze bloat with it? Is there no way to uninstall them completely?

Lol I sent him to you because I had to head to work..lol I donated his time:) He is like me though, always willing to help....

genest11

Reaction score
I have been following this thread and decided to root using psouza's method. I followed the instructions but the screen gets hung up on the bootloader screen. The screen shows Bootloader D2.37 and just hangs. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been following this thread and decided to root using psouza's method. I followed the instructions but the screen gets hung up on the bootloader screen. The screen shows Bootloader D2.37 and just hangs. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

You shouldn't be in bootloader unless your sbfing...Pull battery and make sure you followed every single step..and also make sure your on Gingerbread and have a D2,3,or X.....

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
I had no problems using it. Have a droid 2 running the new gingerbread OTA. I downloaded everything it suggested although I think I already had the drivers on my laptop. Follow it very close. I hope it works for you. If I can do it, anyone can.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Hey while you guys are giving help to a newbie root what's the best method to root my Droid x2? I was considering using Gingerbreak.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Hey while you guys are giving help to a newbie root what's the best method to root my Droid x2? I was considering using Gingerbreak.

Gingerbreak v 1.2 will work on it if its 2.2.2