1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Another newbie future smartphone user.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by imddog, May 2, 2012.

1. imddog

imddog New Member

I've never thought I'd ever be thinking about a phone that would do anything but talk or text, but do to the ever increasing users around me, I'm ready to make the move. I can see that I'll need to spend time learning the lingo and hopefully make the transition easier and I'm sure this site will be a great help and would gladly accept any information members of this site wish to share. I'm a pretty good mechanic but my computer knowledge is lacking abit. I've been pressured to purchase an Iphone but for some reason I just can't by into that whole Apple thing, persons that had droids before really loved them and said I would probably like the droid as well, so here I am.
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Welcome!
  3. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

If you're a mechanic and you like modding stuff for performance and to make it your own then Android is the right choice for you. Do you have a phone yet or are you still deciding which one to get?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum!

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome!!

Good luck with your Droid and definitely ask questions when ya have them - someone will help ya as they can!
  6. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums!! We are happy to have you with us. And as already stated, let us know if you have any questions :biggrin:
  7. imddog

imddog New Member

I haven't gotten my phone yet. I've been reading and watching videos on the Droid so I get to know about the phone and hopefully that will make the transition from a regular phone to one that is capable of so much easier. I think the only thing that I have concerns about is being able to see the screen in daylight, some say you can't see anything and wish I could find someone with the droid to see for myself.
  8. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus