Another newb... iPhone to DROID?

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Newb to these forums, certainly not the Internet. Anyway, I currently have an iPhone 3G 16GB, and ****ty service. This has just happened in the last week or so. I used to have 1-3 bars of service in my house no matter where I went, and 4-5 bars outside. Now, nothing. I live out in the boonies, so that might explain that.

I am thinking about ordering up a couple DROID's for my wife and I, and have a couple questions.

1. If I get the unlimited data package from Verizon for $29.99, is that enough to root the phone and do WiFi tethering for occasional Internet use?

2. Anyone else moved from the iPhone to the DROID? How do you like the DROID in comparison?

I am soooo tired of the crap service, and the worst part is I can drive 1/4 mile down the street and get perfect signal with 5 bars and full 3G coverage. Very annoying.... anyway I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.

OP
F

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Well I decided to go ahead and take advantage of the offer, and ordered a couple Droids today. I hope their service quality far surpasses that of AT&T, in my area at least.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum FDFTW! you did the right thing imo :D i've seen lots of posts from iphone to droid users and have only seen them happy about the change. the only thing i miss is the game "defender chronicles" :(

OP
F

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Thanks. I just want the phone to work, that's all.

V

verian

And work it shall!!!! If you hang around DF for awhile you'll be obsessed with that Droid in no time