Another new member

Burtonbell

Reaction score
I have been "stalking" this forum for the past month now gathering info and trying to see everyone's feedback and opinions on things. The knowledge here is impeccable and the posters are all cool down to earth people. No snobs here. I never had a smart phone, never wanted one, never needed one. Then I saw the Eris, then the Motorola Droid.

All I can say is what the hell was I thinking? I have the Motorola Droid on the Verizon network for over a week now and all I can say is I am blown away. The phone is a bit heavy but that is something I can deal with. Coming from a little Nokia pos, the keyboard was easy to get used to.

My only complaint so far are the apps crashing frequently, like Home++, scoreboard, and weather bug. I am loving the bar code, movies, facebook, and pandora apps so far. I just bought the DVDcatalyst so I can turn my Droid into a portable theater when I'm on the go. The camera is ok, but the videos are impressive. I really am glad I chose this over the IPhone. Plus the Verizon network is freaking sweet.

So hello everyone! Looking forward to reading all the good conversation and joining in a few here and there.

newb

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, mate - you made the right choice.
Especially when comparing Droid to iPhone... there really is no point.

I agree that it's a little heavy as well, although I do like a bit of 'chunk' in my phones - makes them feel that little bit more expensive :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Home++ will force close a bunch.. i get a better response time by selecting "wait", rather than "close" or whatever.. it will just be that way until the dev irons out all the bugs. can't say anything for scoreboard, i would rather watch paint dry and watch sports, sorry. ;) as for the weather app.. try other ones, lots are good but some are great. i just started using Beautiful Widgets a few days ago. it is, in fact, beautiful.. and i an having zero problems with it and Home++ playing nicely together. actually, it's the only app i have paid for, come to think of it.. bar code? try shop savvy. for music, try TuneWiki. you are welcome. ;) and yes please on dvdcatalyst.

welcome to the machine!

edit: oh and btw.. if you are not using handcent and swype, you are doing it wrong.