another n00b

ozziffied

Reaction score
I finally fell of the 'Apple cart and got a droid. Our HR company offers a discount on the cell service with Verizon and I was tired of my iPhone. So I switched. I am a windows admin, but still know my way around Linux so this should be fun.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF my friend. Always nice to see another iPhone defector. :) Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
newbie.gif

I really should start learning Linux too. There's so much to learn that by the time I figure something out and get comfortable with it, it's yesterday's news. Did I mention that's just part of the fun?

Have fun with it!

OP
O

ozziffied

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This looks to be more fun, and I don't feel like I am going to 'jail for mods....

V

verian

Yea I noticed all my Microsoft training has helped me to pick this all up pretty quickly. You'll be running scripts and using cmd to push file's with ADB and changing LWP's and creating roms in no time at all. Wow look at all the geek jargon.

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
iPhone has nothing on the capabilities and the extreme costomization, of the droid OS, once you firgure out rooting and upload your fist rom you will be addicted and stay logged into this site all day for weeks to come.