Another Major Problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by j_kicknit, Mar 13, 2011.

1. j_kicknit

j_kicknit New Member

ROM: Project elite 5.0.2 - honeycomb theme - stock kernel.

I had P.E. ROM since it was updated and ran fine until I took a trip to Reno this weekend. I decided to run the GPS to navigate to my hotel and it ran for an hour until the whole phone shut off. This was weird because it was plugged in the car charger the whole time. I took it off the charger and even pulled the battery out. But there was no luck in booting up the phone. So I tried plugging the phone into the wall when I got to my hotel and finally it was booting up. Only to find out that OS system was going haywire. Finally I said well lets try to boot back into recovery and flash another ROM I was using and still the system was going haywire.

I guess I was waiting for this day that after flashing to so many ROMs that one would break it eventually. Shall I bury the phone or is there a suggestion out there to bring this phone back to working form.

HELP!!!!
  2. ttocsm

ttocsm New Member

It probably got to hot, the GPS will heat it up alot, combined with being overclocked, that causes mine to heat up fast. I use SetCPU to slow it down if it starts to get to hot. Just my guess.
  3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Give it some time to cool off. If your battery is fried that could be the cause of the erratic behavior. Try doing the sbf restore then reflash your ROM. If you still have the same problems, try a new battery. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Combination of gps and charging heats up the phone quickly.. mine usually reboots by itself to cool off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

As chiz just mentioned, the Droid has an internal kill mechanism to shut down if it gets too hot, a stop gap method to keep the CPU and wafer from getting fried.
    Please let us know how it is running currently.
    And if you returned to froyo, have you found you're experiencing problems on it that you hadn't in the past.
    Just trying to deduce if the health of your Droid was the issue or is it being caused by something else.
    Thanks for any info you can supply.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  6. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

What car charger where you using?

This happened to me yesterday (running Cyanogenmods 7 RC2) where my Droid bootlooped. But something like this did happen twice to my Dads X. Once it bootlooped and the other shut down cause the battery was drained. Reason why was because of the car charger.

Using the navigation feature does make the phone hot. I've had my Droid at either 1.2GHz or 1.1GHz and was on an hour long drive and my temp was around 130-140 F. Had to do a lot to cool it down but it never went crazy.
  7. j_kicknit

j_kicknit New Member

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.... To go further in detail I've tested multiple ROMs and even clocked them to about 1.1GHz only. I noticed when I ran the GPS the first time it did shut off and all I did was reboot the phone. But I figure this was just a glitch or I lost signal somehow. But the second time around I noticed the same thing but of course it didn't boot up. So of course doing the battery pull was next step but that didn't work.

Well after flashing back to Froyo and even trying another battery I come across the same conclusion. The phone is TOAST!!!!!
  8. j_kicknit

j_kicknit New Member

I was using a stock car charger.....
  9. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

Sorry to hear about your phone. My guess (along with everyone else) is that it got too hot.
  10. mke236

mke236 New Member

Yea dude, the device itself got too hot. It had nothing to do with the rom. I would delete this thread as it has no real merit as a problem with PE. Sorry about your phone dude, time to upgrade I guess.
  11. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

So a moto brand one?
  12. j_kicknit

j_kicknit New Member

No aftermarket!!!!
  13. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

I think this should stay up as it shows that some phones having issues may in fact be on their last leg and that GB is not causing everyone's problems.
    I also think the phone met its end due to overall use and make up, not too much heat, as most occasions the internal temp monitor force restarts to keep it from hurting the silicone wafer.
    The reason I say this is it seems and I may be reading it wrong, that j did get the phone up and running later which means the wafer was not melted/singed, am I reading that right j?
    thanks for replying as I want to make sure I understood correctly.
  14. j_kicknit

j_kicknit New Member

I agree with you... I think that as we flash new and better ROMs the demand on our phone increases each time. Call it a learning experience, but I guess every thing has its limits. The great thing now is that I just picked up a Droid X..... "WINNING" =)
Search tags for this page

android cool down alert

android cool down alert”

cool down alert

cool down alert android
cooldown alert droid x2
droid bionic cool down alert
droid x2 cool down alerts
droid+x+cool+down alert
how yo get my droid bionic to stop the cooldown alert
motorola droid m alert cool
motorola xoom os cooldown alert