Another Iphone user has been Infected by Droid fever

OP
X

xxxsteveoxxx

Reaction score
the first thing i did was root my phone but afterwards i had some problems with not being able to connect to the app store as well as some freezing issues. I un rooted to 2.0.1 then updated to 2.1. ill just wait for the official froyo. probally coming any day now. I really wanna overclock to 800mhz but to scared to root again.

eliassami5

Reaction score
the first thing i did was root my phone but afterwards i had some problems with not being able to connect to the app store as well as some freezing issues. I un rooted to 2.0.1 then updated to 2.1. ill just wait for the official froyo. probally coming any day now. I really wanna overclock to 800mhz but to scared to root again.

Root again and this time install a 2.1 based rom, the 2.2 roms have issues thats why i went back to 2.1 roms. Overclock the 2.1 rom and you will love the phone. I use BuglessBeast Version 1.1, available from ROM manager once you are rooted. Good luck.

kristoff125

Reaction score

lburley7

Reaction score
Rooted

What does it mean to root? What does it do or what are the benefits to this?

kristoff125

Reaction score
What does it mean to root? What does it do or what are the benefits to this?

basically jailbreaking in iTerms
lets you overclock, and run apps that require superuser permissions.
running as administrator in windows terms.
just lets you do stuff that's normally blocked.

lburley7

Reaction score
re

Does it mess up your phone? I have just seen people talk about rooting and how they have problems. I would like to speed up my phone, do you have to root in order for it to speed up.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Does it mess up your phone? I have just seen people talk about rooting and how they have problems. I would like to speed up my phone, do you have to root in order for it to speed up.

To overclock yes.
As far as I've seen, it's impossible to break your phone by rooting or trying to root it unless if during the process you throw it into a microwave that's full of water and turn the microwave on for 45 minutes or so on high.
Look at the hacks section, there should be a forum for beginners on how to root step by step.

OP
X

xxxsteveoxxx

Reaction score
i would hold off till wednesday, that seems to be the day that 2.2 Froyo is going to be pushed to the droid. There are alot of threads poping up with people saying verizion employee's were told this today. i hope its true

Last edited:

kristoff125

Reaction score
i would hold off till wednesday, that seems to be the day that 2.2 Froyo is going to be pushed to the droid. There are alot of threads pooping up with people saying verizion employee's were told this today. i hope its true

I heard that gingerbread comes out tomorrow, I work for verizon, pinky swear.

basically I highly doubt it, it might happen but most likely not.

bacalao

Reaction score
Rooting also allows for deeper customization.
I would root it again and try Chevyno1's 2.1 roms. There are super stable and he has excellent overclock kernels at medium and low voltages for temp and battery life. You never know when motor and vzw will get around to pushing froyo and it doesn't hurt to have awesomeness on your phone while you wait! Welcome to the club.

J

Johnly

yeah! Welcome! Isn't it nice to have something you can customize instead of a jobs job?