Another iPhone convert

theroyz71

Reaction score
Hello all. I just upgraded (still to be determined) from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus last night. I loved the iPhone but I gave it to my son for his birthday (turned 13 today) and decided to give the Nexus a try. I also considered the Bionic and the Razr but the Nexus seemed to have a better display than the Bionic and the Verizon staff said the Razr had a very short battery life so I picked the Nexus. I've had my iPhone for about a year so it will take a little while to get used to the Android.

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Take it back.. still to many issues... I got the HTC Rezound &LOVE IT. !!! just my 2 cents...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome! Congrats on the Gnex...

Jump in, enjoy, ask questions when ya have them and participate when you can!

And happy birthday to your boy, I bet he was excited for the phone...:D

~it's not just a phone~

OP
T

theroyz71

Reaction score
Thanks smalltowngirl13. He wasn't as excited as I had hoped. He would have been more excited if he hadn't just came home from church after hearing a message about wanting material things. LOL!

blownfuse25, what issues? I was a little apprehensive about getting it before I could check out the online reviews but I took a chance. So far I like it although I may remove the screen protector they put on for me as it seems to dull the screen and that is what I liked the most about it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Just wait till he tries to trade you for the Gnex... LOL

And I have the Gnex, there are bugs with all devices... You have 14 days to give it a good test run...

~it's not just a phone~

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF and the world of Android!! Make yourself at home DancingNexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

zwegan

Reaction score
It is a great phone. I love my Thunderbolt.

Sent from my rooted BAMF'd Thunderbolt using magic.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to the people who say it has many issues. The phone has great reviews. Its only forums like these that issues are brought up because most people that don't have issues don't look for sites like these. So naturally, you're gonna see new people with issues on here. But take in mind that forums like these are the minority. Most people don't experience problems. I have none for instance. Many others have none either. Also, rooting makes it A LOT better and in that aspect its definitely better than any other phone. But that's if you're into that.

However, if you do experience issues I'd either replace it or get the Rezound. That phone is still a beast. :)

And ya.. Verizon's matte screen protectors suck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Take it back.. still to many issues... I got the HTC Rezound &LOVE IT. !!! just my 2 cents...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Huh? Why would he take the best phone available on verizon back? Jk jk but you will like it. Stock its arguably the best phone out. Rooted? Awwwww man...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
T

theroyz71

Reaction score
I'm new to android so I have no idea what rooting is. I'll have to do some research.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I'm new to android so I have no idea what rooting is. I'll have to do some research.

Welcome to the forum! Rooting is gaining access to your phone system files - think of it like being the admin of your computer versus a guest with limited privs...

~to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I usually never get issues with any device until I am past my return date, so I don't worry about it. See you have a day or two left, hope it is going well. DancingNexus

OP
T

theroyz71

Reaction score
I still like some things on the iPhone better but it's growing on me. Battery life sucks compared to the iPhone though.

Reaction score
I still like some things on the iPhone better but it's growing on me. Battery life sucks compared to the iPhone though.

Yeah, unfortunately your Verizon rep was dead wrong on battery life. The RAZR had great battery life. Easily 16 hours for me with moderate normal use.

FYI.... the co founder of Apple was given a nexus but chose the RAZR. Just saying.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited: