Another ics question

stemo

Reaction score
I was wondering what would happen if I took my current ICS build 3.14.605.12 710RD to the RUU build 4.03 605.2. Would it have any bad side effects on my rezound? Thanks

DroDough

Reaction score
I have been running the 4.03.605.2 build since the day it leaked. I love it. It's smooth and fast. If you switch and install it I would reccomend that after the process finishes you do a data/factory reset before setting up the phone how you want it.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
If I do install the leak and we happen to get upgraded to JB well there be a way for me to get the ota any other way.

acejavelin

Reaction score
If I do install the leak and we happen to get upgraded to JB well there be a way for me to get the ota any other way.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! JELLY BEAN OFFICIALLY ON THE REZOUND BY OTA!!!! LSHIFOMC (Laughing So Hard I Fell Off My Chair)

Sorry, just lost it there for a moment... Will get serious now...

The 4.3.605.2 leaked RUU is very stable and probably the best stock ROM out there for the Rezound, we don't know for sure yet if you will be able to get further OTA updates or not because we don't know what version will be released next (if any), if it is this version then you should be fine, if not there are other options. If you do decide to flash this, I wouldn't worry too much about it since you could always just flash the new RUU when it is released, or in the worst case, there are was to flash backwards to the last official release as well and update from there. But there hasn't really been an official OTA that we haven't gotten a flashable RUU for yet, so I don't expect that trend to end.

If I was a betting man, or even if I wasn't (which I'm not), it is fairly safe to say you can flash the leaked RUU without worrying about being able to upgrade later.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I really wasn't getting my hopes up for JB but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

My next question is can I downloaded the file to my phone and use astro to edit what needs to be edited or do I need to use my laptop then send it to my phone?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I really wasn't getting my hopes up for JB but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

My next question is can I downloaded the file to my phone and use astro to edit what needs to be edited or do I need to use my laptop then send it to my phone?
Sure, you can D/L directly to phone an do it that way, works just fine as long as you rename it an put it in the proper location.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and so far so good.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Since installingthe RUU my rezound has had some crappy battery life. It's only been installed for about a day. It seems the temperature stays around the high 90s when the phone isn't in use then jumps up to the 100s. Is there a little break in time needed?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Since installingthe RUU my rezound has had some crappy battery life. It's only been installed for about a day. It seems the temperature stays around the high 90s when the phone isn't in use then jumps up to the 100s. Is there a little break in time needed?
Shouldn't be, although I would give it a day or two and two full battery charge cycles to calm down. Did you reinstall all your apps or are you running pretty much bare-bones yet? I would also recommend installing GSam Battery Monitor and verify where the all the juice is going.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I reinstalled all my apps and have Gsam battery monitor. After I posted yesterday I did another factory reset and it seems to made things all better again.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Always Flash x2 and FDR x2.... ALWAYS!!! Any time you do either one, do it twice. With a FDR you should do one via the menus, then once it is complete do another one via HBOOT.