Another HTC Rezound problem!

babbsalot

Reaction score
All,

I have had my HTC Rezound for about a year now and recently it took a crap. I have had the typical problems with this android phone but nothing has compared to this problem. I went ahead and did a hard factory reset on the phone thinking it would fix the problem but it has not.

In a nutshell the phone is extremely slow, incoming calls do not work and outgoing calls freeze my screen, not black just frozen; I can't use any of the buttons and have to pull the battery.

After the reboot and restart I get this message:

"Process system is not responding. Would you like to close it?"

Any idea that might help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Babb

acejavelin

Reaction score
Factory Default again, and wipe the cache partition, from the factory recovery and not the phone's Settings menus. If you are stock and on the current OTA firmware and that fails the only recourse might be to unlock, install TWRP, and flash stock, rooted ROM like this one: [ROM] OTA-Global-Stock-4.05.605.14 710RD-Rooted 5/1/13 - xda-developers which is COMPLETELY stock except root. Remember to wipe all partitions except external SD, or flash the CleanWipe script first here: [Tool] - 3/24 - CleanWIPE 1.0 - Wipe 5 or 10x before ROM install! - 1heffer Edition! - xda-developers

Of course, if you are going to go this far, might as well try a custom ROM and breath some new life into the old Rez... :)

OP
B

babbsalot

Reaction score
Factory Default again, and wipe the cache partition, from the factory recovery and not the phone's Settings menus. If you are stock and on the current OTA firmware and that fails the only recourse might be to unlock, install TWRP, and flash stock, rooted ROM like this one: [ROM] OTA-Global-Stock-4.05.605.14 710RD-Rooted 5/1/13 - xda-developers which is COMPLETELY stock except root. Remember to wipe all partitions except external SD, or flash the CleanWipe script first here: [Tool] - 3/24 - CleanWIPE 1.0 - Wipe 5 or 10x before ROM install! - 1heffer Edition! - xda-developers

Of course, if you are going to go this far, might as well try a custom ROM and breath some new life into the old Rez... :)

Trust me i have been thinking about that for a while. I am trying your 1st idea right now.

I am leaving for a little vacation (military) in a bit and won't need the phone for much more than a glorified internet/game box lol.

OP
B

babbsalot

Reaction score
I just cleared the partition cache and still having the same trouble. It is almost like the phone can only perform one process at a time and if one task is working it doesn't accept even button pushes.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Sure sounds like the hardware is bad or the rom is mucked up, and if it's out of warranty then just unlock and try something different. Since you will be S-ON and unlocked, make sure to read up, there are some special procedures for S-ON folks to flash ROMs properly.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I just cleared the partition cache and still having the same trouble. It is almost like the phone can only perform one process at a time and if one task is working it doesn't accept even button pushes.

what hboot and radios are you on?