Another Hard Case/Car Dock Question

gpb5200

Reaction score
I already have my Droid in a hard case. If I bought the Motorola Navigation Car Mount, can I simply substitute the hard case from the nav mount for the one currently on my Droid and slip it into my hard case's belt clip sleeve? It seems like a possible end run around the fact that the car mount dodes not holdthe Droid with a hard case already on it. Thanks in advance for help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Motorola car mount doesn't have a hard case. Are you asking if you can fit your case to the mount you remove the piece that holds the Droid and somehow fix your hard case to the remaining parts of the mount? It's certainly possible but I haven't seen anyone else do this. You're in for some custom work on the mount. It won't be a simple swap.

If you're looking for an off-the-shelf solution you need a case and mount designed to work with each other (such as Seidio's) or you need to use a generic/adjustable mount that can accommodate your Droid in its case.

teejayh

Reaction score
case&mount

Morotola does have a hard case out that is part of the car mount. I tried it but didn't like it. When you mount the Droid into the case and put it into the mount the Navigation mode does not come up automatically and the mount feels less secure than the original car mount. Just my 2...