1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Another Handcent problem???

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Mr. Pennstate, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

Everytime I try to recieve a picture message it has a download button. After I hit download, the name of the person who sent it changes to "Anonymous" and the picture doesnt show up. Anyone else with this problem??
  2. DebDroid

DebDroid New Member

Yes! I had to use the regular message thing and then it showed up in handcent.
  3. jbr13

jbr13 New Member

Yeah, same here pretty much. It looks like it is something wrong with the latest update to Handcent. Send them a message about it, so we can get it fixed faster.
  4. bal81

bal81 New Member

what about how some picture messages shows up like a video, i had one today that took a minute and a half to show the picture
  5. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

I tried going back the the original messages section (the one that came stock) and its still says the same thing.
  6. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

7. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

yeah I had to remove it, i wasn't getting some texts and mms **** the bed. It's too bad I love the program.
  8. GSteagall

GSteagall New Member

I've had issues with mms messages almost since day 1 of Handcent but I've just dealt with it. I've had a few of the issues mentioned in this thread, too..I don't want to abandon Handcent :(
  9. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

no issues here with picture messages. (received one last night) although i think i'll have someone send me one tomorrow to double check.
  10. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

I completly agree, I love the program. I just wish it would allow picture messages.
  11. Martin030908

just a text message with a picture enclosed? i'm assuming that's what you guys are talking about. I receive them regularly with Handcent with no problem.
  12. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

Yea that is exactly what im talking about. I have had my phone for a week and ive had four people ask me if i got their picture message, but it just wont let me click into it to view it.
  13. micp1480

micp1480 New Member

WOW! based on what everyone is saying about the troubles with MMS and handscent, I almost deleted it, until I thought about sending myself a picture, and I have to report I have zero problems sending and receiving MMS.

MICP1480
  14. Martin030908

again, i've had zero problem receiving and sending MMS. both still pictures and slide shows.

Pennstate... i know it sounds redundant but did you try the 'long press' on the picture? Also... it might not be ideal but there's an app called "Save MMS" that might be a work around for you.
  15. Sp3aK

Sp3aK New Member

I just got Handcent an hour ago because I've seen it around and thought it would make a good replacement for the default messaging.

Anyway I was also unable to get an MMS from someone (who is in my contacts) with Handcent. It confused it at first because I hadn't read this thread but I also went into the default messaging app and got the picture then went back to Handcent and saw it. Even though I don't get many I think this could be a problem for me as well.

I do have the latest Market Place version as well (2.9.21). Guess it's not really fixed! I don't really want to have to do work-arounds in order to get the app to work.
  16. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Every Day

I use this app every day. It's my default SMS and MMS app. I never haven't gotten a picture. I see them as they come in. Sometimes it's off a second while it renders or downloads the pic but it always works. For those that are having difficulty are you running something like home++ or another app that may be interfering with it in some way?
  17. Martin030908

I've got Home++ running as well as Handcent and I'm still able to receive and send MMS with no issues.
  18. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

Martin, a long press brings up view slideshow, message details and some other things that dont relate to viewing the message. When i hit view slideshow it plays like it should be showing something but the screen is black. I do not have Home++ or anything of that sort running but ill try uninstalling it and giving it another try. Thanks for the help everyone.
  19. Sp3aK

Sp3aK New Member

So now is the part where I put my foot in my mouth... As soon as I posted that reply my phone beeped and I knew I had a sms or mms. I walked over and looked and the notification bar showed the contact name properly this time and the image name. When I opened up the message the picture was there!

It could be some weird thing where if you are in a thread already it might have trouble showing the picture? I'm not sure.
  20. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

Ok new update. I uninstalled it and re-installed it. At first the widget wasnt there and when it did show up it said problem downloading the widget. I fixed the widget problem and went into handcent. All of my pictures were there so my guess is that I might have had a glitch when first intalling it??? Everyone else with the problem try deleting it and putting it back on your phone.
Search tags for this page

handcent anonymous message

handcent view message details show name
handcent wont receive mms on my sgs3. also says anonymys
handsent anonymous
is handcent annonymous