Another former BlackBerry Owner

Ctrl Z

Reaction score
I've been around the block a few times with BlackBerry. I've owned the 8800, 8100, several 83XX series Curves, the Tour, had several Storms and a few Storm2's.

All fantastic devices, but the OS can't compare to the Android OS and the Incredible is at a speed nothing RIM can touch. BlackBerry6 from what I've seen of it won't compare either. Close, but to little too late for me.

I've owned a couple successful BlackBerry forums and know BB's in and out. Re training myself on smart phones is an experience and pretty fun.

I'm loving the Incredible so far, I do miss a few things from my BlackBerry though for sure. Obviously Email is the biggest. I'll adapt, I'm not going back!!

E

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been around the block a few times with BlackBerry. I've owned the 8800, 8100, several 83XX series Curves, the Tour, had several Storms and a few Storm2's.

All fantastic devices, but the OS can't compare to the Android OS and the Incredible is at a speed nothing RIM can touch. BlackBerry6 from what I've seen of it won't compare either. Close, but to little too late for me.

I've owned a couple successful BlackBerry forums and know BB's in and out. Re training myself on smart phones is an experience and pretty fun.

I'm loving the Incredible so far, I do miss a few things from my BlackBerry though for sure. Obviously Email is the biggest. I'll adapt, I'm not going back!!

E

:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

Everybody talks about how great blackberry's email was but the only email that got instant notification was gmail accounts. Guesss what? You have a Goggle phone now so if you had gmail as your main email address you wouldn't say anything about email. I notice no difference between blackberry and the way my current email.

OP
Ctrl Z

Ctrl Z

Reaction score

E

:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

Everybody talks about how great blackberry's email was but the only email that got instant notification was gmail accounts. Guesss what? You have a Goggle phone now so if you had gmail as your main email address you wouldn't say anything about email. I notice no difference between blackberry and the way my current email.

Thanks for the Welcome!

BlackBerry's push email was/is awesome. Easy to control, filter and set up with any type of email.

The problem is, gmail is not the only email that I use as is the case for the majority of blackberry owners and besides the BBM, the main reason for owning and using the berry!

It's not just how you receive it and or how timely it is. I know Google is on par for that. I've used Gmail since it was in the early days of beta and only being involved with a personal invite from an early user blah blah.... I love Gmail.

I use to own, run and set up web sites and forums and have had, and needed to set up multiple email accounts on multiple servers and for multiple devices. BlackBerry, so far, is a notch above everyone elase in the smart phone arena for ease of use for emails The way they handle deletion and or saving an email on the device, while doing the same or different on the email server its self is great, not to mention handling of sms and mms texts as well as their own BlackBerry Messenger. Between those things alone, they are the reason BlackBerry is aka CrackBerry.

Soon, I'll be bragging to my friends with Berry's that the incredible can compare. Just can't deny the power of the berry when it comes to email and security

**edit**
PS Gmail, on a BlackBerry, isn't the only email that gets instant push. On the BB, if your email is set up correctly on your server, when that email arrives at the server, it's on your device. No slower than anything Gmail has.

Last edited: