Another email question

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
alright so far all the email questions i have seen so far have been about corporate. i have the standard email app for yahoo mail, but it dosent alert me very well. the first email alert will come right on time, but if i get multiples in succession, it dosent re-alert me for up to or sometimes more than a half hour. are there some settings i can change to fix this, or any recommendations on a client that properly alerts? i use touchdown for corporate and it seems to nearly immediately pick up new mail

djice

Reaction score
yea if you go to email then once in your inbox, hit "menu" then "email settings" you will see the option for "Email Delivery", you can set to Manually or leave it defaulted to "15 minutes." Maybe that can help you out and getting your emails sooner.

OP
A

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
it was set to 15 but that is far too slow to be in the middle of a conversation. is there a client that fetches more often and alerts properly?

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
If you're having an ongoing conversation with someone through email, you can send/receive emails through the text messaging system.

Your phone's email address for text messages is <yourtelephonenumber>@vtext.com. So, if your phone number is (777)555-1212, your email address for text messaging is [email protected].

You can enter an email address instead of a phone number as a text message recipient. You can also have people send messages to that address and receive them immediately in a text message.

So, simply - if [email protected] sends you an email that you would like to handle urgently as a conversation, send [email protected] a text message response. When they hit reply, their email client should automatically respond to 7775551212@@vtext.com.

The result is, instant "push" messaging. This would be an issue, however, if you wanted to conceal your telephone number.

OP
A

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
i did that on my env touch alot, but i feel that it defeats the purpose of having an email client. also, when you sign up for vzwpics you get to pick a substitute name for "texting to email" so it would be like [email protected] i solved the problem by installing the yahoo mail client.. i really really reeeaallly like that black with white text official client, but i cant deal with getting messages every 15-30 minutes, even with push on (assuming push automatically sends out an email when recieved)