I got a Droid Razr from a friend who tried to do a "battery pull" to fix it when it was locked up or something. Her battery pull was exactly that. She ripped it right out tearing the ribbon cable that connects it. She says it worked fine before that, other than the "lock up". So I picked up a new battery from ebay and put it in. It still didn't start up, initially. The first thing I did was plug the phone into the computer; that gave me the white led. Next, I tried the wall outlet adapter; that got me to the Motorola logo and the battery symbol that showed 5% charged and 100% charged, and nothing else. The phone wouldn't turn on. After reading as much as I could find today, I found out about the factory programming cable that adds power to pin 4. I made one and then things changed up a little. Now, with the new cable, I can only get the phone to power on when it's connected to a computer and it does nothing when connected to the wall adapter. When connected to the computer, however, the phone boots all the way up but it won't charge. When I disconnect it, it turns off. I've left it connected to the computer or wall outlet in various states of operation (os fully loaded, boot menu, and off) all day. While the phone is connected to the computer and booted up, when I go to battery stats, it says it's 5% charged and that it's draining. I also decided to try connecting negative and positive leads directly to the battery terminals from the USB wall adapter. When I do that, the phone boots up and the battery stats says it's at 90% charge and draining. I've tried 3 different wall adapters. One 500 mah, one 750 mah, and one 1000 mah. Same results on all of them. I also inspected the inside of the phone for damage from the "battery pull" but there does not appear to be any. Any ideas?