Another Droid Newbie

kneelingroses69

Reaction score
Hi Everyone dancedroid

I'm new here - my name is Christina & my current phone is the BlackBerry 9530 (1st generation Storm). I am due for an upgrade and am looking forward to having a phone that does not require a twice daily battery pull to function properly.

With that being said I joined here just to read the threads & decide on what Android phone I would like to go with (still undecided) & to maybe just make some new friends.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. The Moto Droid is a very solid phone and since VZW has dropped the Eris and perhaps the Incredible the Moto is ever a better option. You should know, however, that Moto will soon release a new phone, the Droid X.

Mike

OP
K

kneelingroses69

Reaction score
Hi Mike-

Thanks - I had actually pretty much made up my mind and decided to order the Moto Droid when I heard about the Droid X. I am still thinking about ordering the Moto Droid though because I think that the Droid X (which will be an awesome phone) may be too much phone for me.

Do you think the Moto Droid will get the official 2.2 release when it is available? I've heard different opinions on this.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can not imagine the Moto Droid not receiving 2.2. Many of us that rooted our phones already have 2.2 installed. I installed it two weeks ago and have not had any issues.

Mike