Another Day, Another Fake Leaked Photo of the Samsung Galaxy S III...

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-3-leak-prob-fake.jpg

We almost didn't post this story, because it certainly has a high probability of being fake. Ultimately, it is being shared across all the other mobile websites, so we felt, at the very least, it was our journalistic responsibility to share it with you guys. The above image, (which looks suspiciously like some version of a Galaxy Note on someone's kitchen table), is supposedly a leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S III. In some ways it does fit some of the rumors we have heard about the device, because it has 5 columns of icons instead of the typical four, and the screen size seems like it could be the right dimensions.

Still, if it were legit, then why would the icons be "blurred" intentionally? Seems like it's probably just someone out to get their few seconds of secret fame. (How's that for an oxymoron?) Take this one as you will...

Source: SlashGear

jfe

Reaction score
This one doesn't have the home button, does it, can't tell with all that blurriness

armeddroid

Reaction score
There is a home button and Samsung did state testing was going on but all their test models have the old shells from previous phones. Def has to be a fake.
Not fake but not the production model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This is the Samsung Galaxy Note running one of two roms.. The officially leaked 4.0.3 Samsung rom or the modified version of it created by DAGr8 (which is what I am running). I have room for 7 icons x 7 icons because I changed my DPI.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like how the clock is orange as well which makes me think it's a rom since clocks are usually white on stock roms are they not?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fake. This is clearly some version of the Galaxy Note.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Also, the screen is not lined up with the direction that the phone is sitting in. Look at the blue ice cream sandwich line at the top of the screen. It's slanted instead of being parallel to the horizontal top of the phone.

2ns

Reaction score
I think samsumg is messing with us!