Another D2G struggling overseas...

TJConnery

Reaction score
Following Verizon and this forum's guidance, I bought a foreign sim card upon arriving in Ireland for the purpose of getting a better data plan while here for the next month.

Upon inserting the SIM card, the phone tells me that the SIMcard is locked, and then loops into my boot animation endlessly. Only a battery pull will stop it. I never get a chance to unlock either my SIM port or enter the PIN for the new sim.

I thought Fussion 2.4.3 was compatible with global services? I pulled the new SIM and put the verizon SIM back in, but since I don't want to purchase their data plan, I have voice only, no 3G data access.

Do I need to flash back to stock to use the foreign SIM? HAs anyone running Fussion been able to use of foreign sim?

Any help would be appreciated, these is scant little free wifi access in this country.

leobg

Reaction score
In FRM there is "SIM Fix" that you need to install. Install it and bootloop should be gone.

leobg

Reaction score
In FRM there is "SIM Fix" that you need to install. Install it and bootloop should be gone.

I installed that fix. Did not help.

Try deleting the cache (boot in stock recovery and delete cache from there).

I have personally tried Fission (long time ago) and it worked fine with foreign SIM on foreign GSM network (Rogers/Canada).

OP
T

TJConnery

Reaction score
Thanks but...

I installed that fix. Did not help.

Try deleting the cache (boot in stock recovery and delete cache from there).

I have personally tried Fission (long time ago) and it worked fine with foreign SIM on foreign GSM network (Rogers/Canada).

Wiping the cache did not help. Phone reboots into the Android animation as soon as it sees the locked SIM.

I am going to wear out this port and battery cover swapping out sims.

Should I just flash back to stock? I can do that using the sbf on FRM, but that's not true stock I believe (and does that even matter).

Any other ideas?

leobg

Reaction score
By any chance does that other sim have SIM lock (pin) enabled? Mabye this is the problem with Fission - try disabling PIN (in another handset) and then booting.

Stock for sure will work fine. With or without PIN