Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Kinda funny you should say that I got an old Thunderbolt that does same thing but its rooted and on a Rom if I switch back to stock or to a different rom it goes away part of it was a HTC thing dont know what was up with your Gnex whole different world but if it is Verizon could be same problem.

Lol that's funny. Yeah my 2 GNs were horrible. The phone is good for tinkering with and playing on android but when it came down to being able to make calls and just be a phone it was by far the worse I had.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Lol that's funny. Yeah my 2 GNs were horrible. The phone is good for tinkering with and playing on android but when it came down to being able to make calls and just be a phone it was by far the worse I had.

I gotta say my Bionic is the best for voice calls and text by far

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I gotta say my Bionic is the best for voice calls and text by far

Exactly I do to and I don't care what any GNEX user says. Use both back to back on voice calls, Bionic will own the GNEX everytime hands down...

Regodog

Reaction score
So far after installing the update, doing a factory data reset, cleaning the sim card with and pink pearl eraser and alcohol, I have noticed better data connections. The past week driving up to Detroit from OH has been fine (even slingbox works pretty well). I still get an ocasional drop every few days but seems better. It helps to keep the WiFi off when running out and about. I am going to drive the Ohio Tpike this weekend so that will be a good test. I know there are areas where the data connection conistently drops so these may be just trouble areas. There is a short drop just north of the OH/MI border on Rt 23, one around 280/OH Tpike, and around the OH/PA border on the TPike, maybe more. The signal problem where I stay in PA, was checked out by VZ and deemed a trouble area due to terrain (Huge hills) and the ticket was closed! LOL

wooddale

Reaction score
So far after installing the update, doing a factory data reset, cleaning the sim card with and pink pearl eraser and alcohol, I have noticed better data connections. The past week driving up to Detroit from OH has been fine (even slingbox works pretty well). I still get an ocasional drop every few days but seems better. It helps to keep the WiFi off when running out and about. I am going to drive the Ohio Tpike this weekend so that will be a good test. I know there are areas where the data connection conistently drops so these may be just trouble areas. There is a short drop just north of the OH/MI border on Rt 23, one around 280/OH Tpike, and around the OH/PA border on the TPike, maybe more. The signal problem where I stay in PA, was checked out by VZ and deemed a trouble area due to terrain (Huge hills) and the ticket was closed! LOL
Your making it real hard not to do that update I got it on my card ready to go.

Regodog

Reaction score
What about the factory data reset? LOL Try the update, it might help.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What about the factory data reset? LOL Try the update, it might help.

The only thing I haven't done is clean the SIM card. I wonder if that would make a difference...

I'm on 901 and I THINK I've done a FR for 901. Once you've done like 10 FRs on the Bionic you forget what you've been on...

Regodog

Reaction score
I've heard that the SIM Card has a lot to do with the authentication with the towers so I thought it was worth a shot. After I was done trying out the replacement phone, I think my connection got worse so I cleaned the SIM card before I reinserted it back into my original phone. Who knows.

SEColwell

Reaction score
Been having connection issue and guess what Verizon said when I called support
..........its Motorola's issue and we can't send you replacement device.......but if you would like to contact Motorola yourself you can.......I told Verizon rep its not my job to do that its Verizon job to do that I bought the pos from Verizon not Motorola .......needless to say I will be visiting the verizon store ........oh and as I was typing the manager from the Verizon call center called me and he wants to resolve my issue we shall see what happens

wooddale

Reaction score
Been having connection issue and guess what Verizon said when I called support
..........its Motorola's issue and we can't send you replacement device.......but if you would like to contact Motorola yourself you can.......I told Verizon rep its not my job to do that its Verizon job to do that I bought the pos from Verizon not Motorola .......needless to say I will be visiting the verizon store ........oh and as I was typing the manager from the Verizon call center called me and he wants to resolve my issue we shall see what happens

Thats weird there selling them for$29 now wonder why they wouldnt give you one?

Regodog

Reaction score
Well, they sent me a new SIM card that fixed 90% of the connection problems on my Razr. Instead of the disconnect 5 times a day, for who knows how long, the connection recovers within a minute and only happens once or twice a day. I guess I can live with that (for now).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums