Another BB6.2 user with battery problems

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by x25064, Jan 8, 2011.

1. x25064

x25064 New Member

I flashed the rom around 3:00 pm today paired with the 1.1 ghz slayher LV kernel and it is now 3:00 am in my current location. It seemed to have much better battery life all throughout the day, until I just picked it up to send a few texts about 20 minutes ago. It was at 50% and suddenly jumped down to 20% in a matter of three texts. I don't really understand why it does this, but I don't seem to be alone with this issue.

I will continue to run it tomorrow and see if I experience good or poor battery life.

Pete, I'm just adding to the feedback here on 6.2 so if you need any more detailed information just PM me and let me know I will try to be as helpful as possible.

ALSO: My battery status does not display the apps that are using the battery. It only displays the system, display, etc. Why is this? I also had this problem with v0.5.
  2. DHO

DHO New Member

Often ROMs need a day or 2 of the battery info to properly populate/gather data.

From your post it's only been 12 hours, see how the phone is in another 24.
  3. snow8595mh

snow8595mh New Member

Try looking at your screen timeout settings when I went to bb 6.2 it was set for 30 mini never noticed till my battery died @ work after 6 hours
  4. kfloydlezak

kfloydlezak New Member

Same thing has happened to me. I did the new update above on Monday. I am now sending my hubby to buy a new battery (my battery is about a year old). I am going to see if that makes a difference. I also reset my battery memory and it still did not help.
    Kerry
  5. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

I have a similar issue.. I ran for 3 days on the battery with normal usage and then in the last 4 days I am lucky to go 4 hours before I have to do a charge. I am honestly going to chock this one up to an application I just have to track down what I have recently installed to nail down the culprit.
  6. x25064

x25064 New Member

So as soon as my phone hits 40%, in twenty seconds it drops down to 20% instantly. This is now confirmed. Is this a possible bug?
  7. pettinej

pettinej New Member

I see very similar things. Today I was at 80 then one text later at 30. My battery is about a year old to.
  8. jev

jev Member

I've encountered this on 3 different roms so far. There have been several threads on this for different roms as well. I was running sapphire 2.0 today and had 100% charge showing, I went online for @ 2 minutes and when I closed the browser I had dropped to 20%!! I'm not sure whats going on, but it seems to be happening to a lot of people. I have had it happen on Sapphire, Sourcery, and UD2.5 so far. It started about 3 days ago.
  9. x25064

x25064 New Member

I have to wonder if maybe its in the build everyone is using to make their roms around. Its only certain phones but man I just dont get why its doing what it is.
  10. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

I first had the problem with cyanogen and then as soon as BB went AOSP I had the same problem there

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. et23kochie

et23kochie New Member

12. jev

jev Member

13. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

14. x25064

x25064 New Member

Update**

I'm running latest version of CM for now until I can figure this crap out with BB although its getting frustrating.

I'm beginning to think the "reset battery status" answer is becoming a copout answer to helping those of us with problems running the rom, because as others have said, it doesn't do jack****.

Currently I am having major problems with clockworkmod, if anyone can help me out in that department I'd greatly appreciate it, then I can get to working on seeing what to do about this BB problem.

Thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/115186-clockworkmod-recovery-bootlooping.html
  15. alwerner

alwerner New Member

I'm getting similar results as everyone else. Original DROID ('09 December). The battery % hits about 70% then then drops quickly from there. I have seen it drop from 50% to 15% with one 10 phone call (screen off).

I have also charged the phone for 15 minutes and had it jump from 15% remaining to 70% but then drops almost as fast.

I have only been running .6.2.1 for two days so I will watch to see if there is an improvement but as my Finance Professor once told me, percentages lie.
  16. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

Mine goes from 70% to 30% within 10 minutes of use. Then it goes from 30% to 15% then to 5% then I get the red x. Batter life is still the same its just a bad mathematical error on the programming of this ROM version. Kernels do not fix this issue and neither does wiping the battery status.
  17. mass300

mass300 New Member

I attempted to do this on my OG Droid and after doing so I'm no longer able to charge my phone with my car charger....I've not seen any improvements in my battery either...

I may look at getting a new battery as some other people mine is original and over a year old.

Thanks
  18. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

19. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

I'm having the exact same issue as the quoted... I woke this morning at like 10:30 EST and my phone was at 100%... I had 5 txt messages, like 3 or 4 emails and a miss call... I check the txt messages and replied to the ones dat required a reply and hit the home button and my battery was already at 80%.. Then I checked my emails (majority from Facebook), so I went to my browser checked my Facebook (it took like 5 mintues to check) exited the browser, then called back the person I had a miss call from ( talked for like 15 minutes) and when I got off the phone my battery was at 30%.... I really don't understand what is goin on... Until it is figured out, I'm just going to go back to UD 1.0

BB v0.6.2
    Launcher Pro Plus with Evo Dock
    Stock Kernel
  20. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n New Member

Mine seems to be doing really well. I updated to 6.2.1 the day it came out. My battery usually lasts about 16 or so hours (it usually still has like 20% left when I put it on the charger at night, though). I do notice that when it hits 70%, it drops more rapidly after that point, until it gets to 40%, and the drop is more gradual.

This might be because I don't use it a whole lot during the day at work, and when I get home, it's usually at or around 70%, and I use it a lot for a few hours, and usually winds up being at 40% when I'm done, and then only when I specifically get an email or text or something for the rest of the night.