Another battery thread (sorry), but seeking opinions

au1776

Reaction score
I've read a lot on this forum about battery life, but wanted to see if some of the more knowledgeable posters would confirm/deny my assumptions.

I probably get about 12-14 hours out of my Droid most of the time. I'm a relatively light user, couple short calls a day and a handful of emails/texts/IMs. Otherwise my usage varies, but we're really talking about a few minutes of web browsing and maybe 10 minutes playing that bubble game. I've alternated between automatic and lowest brightness, but can't really discern a consistent difference.

Now, looking at my usage statistics, the biggest culprits are generally display, standby, wifi (on at home, off when out) and the OS.

My guess is that I'm a little on the short side of battery life, but that mediocre cell reception could be exacerbating the problem. I don't really notice a great deal of difference when out, but I did have one instance in a better reception area where I seriously lost less than 10% overnight, which never happens for me.

Sorry for the length, but just wanted to lay it out for anyone willing to help. I'm rooted now and mildly overclocked, so we'll see whether this has an impact one way or another.

Thanks.

Droid928

Reaction score
I was obsessed with the battery life when I first got and I had the same things eating the battery life (display, standby, wifi (on at home, off when out) and the OS) all if which are normal I believe.. I also think the fact that we are allowed to actually check what eats battery life has to do with it, which is good thing but can get obsessive as well.

I got over obsessing though bc there is really nothing we can do except get a stronger battery to extend the battery life since just using it eats the battery in whatever we do.. I periodically take a look at what programs are running, I found that some apps run out of nowhere like Mixzing. Since Mixzing is attached to the media player, it runs whenever I ran the stock media player..I uninstalled Mixzing bc I just didn't like that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Displays eat up battery life along wit streaming, but we use our phones. It was the same way with my iphone. If you use your phone for more then a phone either get an extended battery with seido or keep a power cord on you.