Another battery question

rv7plt

Reaction score
I have found that if I leave my motoDroid on overnight it uses about 10 percent of the battery. However, if I turn it off overnight, it uses 30 percent. No biggie but just wondering if anyone has any idea why. This is the exact opposite of what I thought would happen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. I've seen others talking about this as well, it's only one in a series of probably thousands of discussions that we've had on the battery. I would never tell you to search because it would be impossible to find. All I can say is you're not the only one to notice it.

If this is your first Smart Phone be prepared from time to time to see some strange issues concerning the battery. Smart phone batteries do use a lot of juice, there is a bug in the phone that may show your battery is fully discharged 5 minutes after taking it off the charger. Just a little heads up.

I don't recall what the answer was in your situation. But I didn't want you to think you were being ignored. Nice to have you here hopefully somebody will come along with a better explanation then what I just gave you.

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
there is a bug in the phone that may show your battery is fully discharged 5 minutes after taking it off the charger./QUOTE]

You will eventually become blase about battery pulls. First time I had to do it, I was flustered. This morning my husband removed the phone from the charger and it was showing 5%. I was half asleep but said, "Just shut it off. I'll pull the battery and then put it back in while you walk the dog." Two minutes later it was "smiling and happy" with 100% charge.

Dog was happy, too. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=462929