Another battery question...

nygh

Reaction score
make sure your phone is not in a place with low reception, it will pull for a signal and waste the battery. If so, go into airplane mode.

windstrings

Reaction score
On first trial... simply turning off "mobile data always on" nearly doubled my battery life.
I was getting 12 - 18 hours before, now upon first trial I got 28 hours.. would have been longer if I hadn't played with my video camera for about 20 minutes.

Menu, settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, uncheck "enable always on mobile data".

Unless your trying to use google chat of friends or some app that needs a constant data link you won't know the difference.

My gmail and text still work perfect.

jamjr74

Reaction score
On first trial... simply turning off "mobile data always on" nearly doubled my battery life.
I was getting 12 - 18 hours before, now upon first trial I got 28 hours.. would have been longer if I hadn't played with my video camera for about 20 minutes.

Menu, settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, uncheck "enable always on mobile data".

Unless your trying to use google chat of friends or some app that needs a constant data link you won't know the difference.

I use the stock email program, does unchecking always on mobile data effect getting emails?

kmo

Reaction score

makes sense...

windstrings

Reaction score
I use the stock email program, does unchecking always on mobile data effect getting emails?

I use the stock gmail app and all is well..... try it!

I think its mostly for social apps that have a continuous link....

I'm wondering if the moto even has that option, since turning it off with the Inc brings the battery life up to if not surpassing the moto.. even with a 1300mah battery.

OP
A

akamurph

Reaction score
Found out my issue... Verizon sent me another battery to no avail.

I factory reset my Inc last night and went to activate it and kept getting errors - it was late night/early morning. I went to bed and this morning barely any of the battery was used. When I looked at my battery info - Up time was a huge number while the Awake time was small. I activated the phone and set it up as normal this morning. I noticed Up Time vs Awake time was now the exact same even after letting it sit for awhile.

After awhile of playing around with it I found the culprit - my Exchange email sync was keeping my phone from sleeping - it was syncing every second. If your Up Time and Awake Time are similar then you have an issue. You can also look at settings - Accounts & Sync - click on your accounts and see if any are updating frequently (with the little refresh icon) and that is most likely the problem.

When I look now my Up time is 1:05:54 vs Awake time of 0:05:34 --> So *knock on wood* hopefully my battery will last longer than 4 hours now :)

Last edited: