Another battery question...

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by akamurph, May 9, 2010.

1. akamurph

akamurph New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First post here - I've read multiple forums on battery suggestions - I've tried everything... Turning everything off in the background, etc. etc. etc. No matter what I do my battery doesn't last longer than 4 hours! I will not use it, and come back and at 4 hours it's depleted. I've read other people with battery-life issues but nothing that I've read where it only lasts 4 hours.

I've depleted it completely 3-4 times and charged it for 8 hours and no matter what it doesn't last longer than 4 hours.

Right now I think I either got a bum battery or something is wrong with the unit? Any suggestions? I plan on stopping by the Verizon store tomorrow. I also ordered a seidio 1750mAh (I read some users got 22-24 hours on it) but that won't get here for another 6 days.

4 hour battery life is not acceptable and I won't be able to use this phone.

Thx.

2. kmo

kmo Member

Ratings:
    +2
    There's obviously something wrong if you're only getting 4 hours on a charge. The battery is the weak link but 4 hours is ridiculous. The phone is under warranty so get Verizon to replace your battery. See if that solves the problem.

3. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yep, get it replaced. If it happens to the next one, then you have a setting borked somewhere, my guess would be GPS...

4. akamurph

akamurph New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys... I wanted to make sure this isn't normal - I'll take it to the store tomorrow and update this thread on what I find out.

I never have GPS on, tested it once and that's all... I have the widget to make sure it is never on.

5. kmo

kmo Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Are you getting good signal strength? You might know this but if your phone is searching for a signal that could be sucking up juice.

6. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    No... that is not normal. On a full charge of the stock battery I get anywhere from 12-18 hrs with solid use. I now have the Seidio 1750 and get anywhere from 20-30 hrs on a full charge.

7. akamurph

akamurph New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To kmo - I've tested it at home, the office, and was at my parents house in a different city for Mother's day today and have good signals at all places - each place only 4 hour battery life.

8. kmo

kmo Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea, get a new battery and see if it resolves your issue. I've finally conditioned my battery so that it's performing better than it initially did, even so I still might be getting the Seidio 1750 mAh battery too. I use this phone all the time and having an extra battery isn't a bad thing. Especially since it's a relatively cheap solution, this OEM batt is definitely too small for the phone's features.

9. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I was thinking about getting the Seidio 1750, am I guaranteed double battery time like you have?

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

10. tsaro

tsaro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FWIW, I'm getting roughly 50-60% more time from the Seidio 1750 than I was from the stock battery, but that's more than enough to give me a full 18 hours on a charge.

11. robwilson

robwilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine should be here any day!!!!!

12. ksfrogman

ksfrogman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI, I just visited my local Verizon store and was informed that the OEM 2100 mAh one will be available sometime in the near future. Does the 1750 one require a new case back?