another battery question

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by pd0019, Jan 27, 2010.

1. pd0019

pd0019 New Member

i did a search and didnt find my problem.

so i've had my droid for almost 2 months now and the first month it was great. i have slowly been having a battery issue with my phone where my battery meter will say my phone is dead even after 1 hr right off the charger. so i turn off my phone and turn it back on and have full battery. turning off my phone should kill all running apps if i have any running and my phone's battery meter will still go down to "dead" within 1-2hrs. so within one day i will turn my phone off and on 6-10 times? each time i turn it back on i will have almost full battery

i've also just started to experience my phone doing random shutdowns too. twice this week so far

this is using primarily my phone for text message as usually im in class and so dont use my phone to call, etc (not using any programs that need a signal)

any help?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I've experienced this problem 1 time. I'd say yours is extensive. So what I think you ought to do is do a factory reset. Reinstall your apps one at a time and see if an app isn't causing the issue. If it still happens right after a factory reset then take the phone back and get another one.