Another "Basic Question" Thread

gstring

Reaction score
so, this is considered normal? I too am confused if this is the way it's supposed to be. No problems, just unclear.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Also, the green light keeps blinking after I check my messages.

Reaction score
the call alert does need to be fix, but in terms of waking the screen, idk what there is to do. if you make it so all you have to do is touch the screen, then every time the screen touches something in you pocket, like your leg, the screen would turn on, not unlocked, but on. and it would kill the battery. if they made it so you only need to press the top button. i could see many scenarios where that button could be pressed by accident, turning your phone on.

That was a problem i had with the DARE, the screen engaged to easily.
i had the dare before as well, and sometime i would look down and see the screen on through my pants lol i like the droid the way it is. but i kinda wish if you have messages, that when you unlocked the phone, it would go straight to the notification bar, instead of just home.

deputc26

Reaction score
I also really wish that touching the screen would wake it up to the swipe pattern, really hope somebody writes an app for it. Until then I'll make do with screenmode widget which bypasses the swipe screen and activates with any button.

hak187

Reaction score
"Missed Reminder" is an app that is useful for this. You can set it to notify you of missed sms, mms & phone calls.

I have missed reminder set to vibrate every 5 minutes if I have an sms or mms that I haven't looked at yet. You can specify the time interval (every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc). You can also set the sound and vibrate strength as well. It is a great little app.

synctek

Reaction score
I too had the Dare and sometimes noticed the the screen from my front pocket :icon_eek:
I think because its a smart-phone, they made it with the intentions of of people using it like a crack berry - you know - looking at it every 5 seconds, whereas a regular phone - like my wifes POS razor, will make that annoying beep all night for text or missed calls...sometimes I want to throw it out the window:mad:

The green light on the Droid is obvious enough yet subtle - if its on I know I missed something - I had to light up the screen on the Dare to figure that out.