Another *22899 autodial issue..

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by AMDfan, Feb 21, 2014.

1. AMDfan

AMDfan New Member

I've been forum surfing for 2 days now and can't find the EXACT issue at hand, so here's the deal.
    I have a Droid RAZR M (XT907), which is a 4G phone, with 4G LTE Sim card on Selectel pre-paid service. My carrier flashed it down to 3G because Selectel doesn't support 4G phones. Oddly enough, when I opened a live chat with a rep from Selectel once, they said they don't support FLASHED phones, either. Anyway, that being said, I've had my phone on this service for roughly 4-6 months now. The phone was running Android 4.1.2 and had a system update that was available, but it wasn't pestering me to get it. I could download it, but it would fail to install. Less than a month after putting this phone on that service, I decided I'd root, so I could clean Dalvik cache and freeze the "My Verizon" apps that I can't use on that network anyway.

The other day (months later), my phone began to autodial *22899 over and over and over. I would end the call, as I've been reading that this is a bad idea for a 4G phone. I start asking around, and nobody (including my carrier) has seen this issue locally. The phone repair tech that works for my carrier tells me that the flash isn't responsible, but it's because I rooted my phone. Today, he tells me to install the system update that's been available (after telling me 3 times prior that this would undo the flash on the phone and they'd charge me $50 to re-flash it). Naturally, it fails on the spot. I UN-root my phone and remove SuperSU and Superuser (oddly, both were installed) and re-try the system update. It shuts down, begins the update, and at 30% it fails and reboots.

Now, my carrier is just telling me over and over that it was stupid to root my phone and that the flash isn't to blame (even though it's a 3G problem, on a 3G flash on a 4G phone that isn't supported by the company) and I'm wondering what the problem could really be. I'm not ruling out that ROOT isn't the problem, but considering the circumstances surrounding the flash if that could be the issue.

Also, if there is no other way to fix the problem (other than factory reset, get new flash, etc), is there a way I can keep my phone from dialing *22899 specifically?
  2. shourah

shourah New Member

thats a new issue, i never found case like this. I guess u should join xda-developer forum to find out

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page

auto dial *22899

my phone keeps dialing *22899

phone keeps dialing *22899

stop autodialing *22899

verizon *22899