Annoying Verizon Video Email Prompt

Jethead

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying and shameless attempt to upsell by Verizon? Every time I access voicemail I get a page offering to let me have video email for $2.99/month. Nasty stuff!

mykl376

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. It must be the voicemail link that verizon put on the phone. I just deleted that link and made my own from my contact list. I had to open the voicemail contact, add a phone number, then tap and hold on it in your contacts, it will give the option to make a link on the home screen. I actually made my voicemail contact number my actual cell number, seems to work better when I was out of my home calling area than *86. Like if you have a number saved without an area code, and you're out of your area, it won't connect without that area code.

OP
J

Jethead

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. It must be the voicemail link that verizon put on the phone. I just deleted that link and made my own from my contact list. I had to open the voicemail contact, add a phone number, then tap and hold on it in your contacts, it will give the option to make a link on the home screen. I actually made my voicemail contact number my actual cell number, seems to work better when I was out of my home calling area than *86. Like if you have a number saved without an area code, and you're out of your area, it won't connect without that area code.

That did it. Thanks.

mapz99

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Found direct dial in widgets. Added to home screen and linked to voicemail contact. Works great. No visual voicemail banner.